PDA

View Full Version : Tefe Updates

russell
10-05-2007, 11:45 AM
Just thought I would post an update on the Tefe's. as you can see one looks more Brown than Green, both have just about doubled in size ovet the past 6 months and seem to have paired off. unfortunately I lost Two. one due to sudden death. fine at lights out floating next morning. probably stunned. the other went realy black and in a week was struggling. typical headstanding. in the end I had to cull it.

Polar_Bear
10-05-2007, 12:37 PM
Russ,
Very nice looking and healthy discus. I agree with you that the one doesn't appear to be a Tefe, however I would be calling it a Blue, not a Brown.

Tropical Haven
10-05-2007, 01:22 PM
Russ,
Very nice discus, they look great. Keep up the great work of raising them.

russell
10-06-2007, 04:49 AM
Thanks
But They are definately Wild RSG's.

Elcid
10-07-2007, 03:30 PM
Hey Russel:

Really nice discus! But please post in the Wild section (for my sake) or I might just get that "bug" I'm trying to avoid :)....

take care,
Sandeep

Anthony
10-07-2007, 10:16 PM
Just thought I would post an update on the Tefe's. as you can see one looks more Brown than Green, both have just about doubled in size ovet the past 6 months and seem to have paired off. unfortunately I lost Two. one due to sudden death. fine at lights out floating next morning. probably stunned. the other went realy black and in a week was struggling. typical headstanding. in the end I had to cull it.

Hi Russ,

Nice Keeping & collection , I have a doubt here, what is Tefe ? Is your collection name as Tefe ?

I have some confusing name here, your Discus looking alike Alenquer Red/Brown Discus, Please code me if I wrong.....yah. :rolleyes:

Elcid
10-07-2007, 10:43 PM
Hi Guyz:

To me they look like Tefe's on a Tetrabit diet! Nice :)

HTH,
Sandeep

brewmaster15
10-08-2007, 05:27 AM
I have no idea if Russel's fish are "tefes" as that name is often used synonymously with greens... but do I agree with Sandeep... They are Greens with red pigment in their diet..

Russel posted other earlier pics here..
http://www.forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?t=56459
and
http://www.forum.simplydiscus.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24393&d=1178282232

hth,
al

russell
10-09-2007, 05:49 AM
Hi all

Yes they ARE wild Tefe's they came straight from the source. RSG's. and as far as I know I am the only person in Ireland with them. They were imported via a reputable carrier .
If you look at the original pis from earlier you can see they have changed colour pattern dramaticaly. two have realy coloured up whilst the third still retains its lighter colour and bars. they all have the nice Halo!!

They were originaly held by my supplier (in Quarantine for 2 weeks) with a Ph of 5.0 but the tds was over 600. When I lowerd the tds to 160 and raised the Ph to 6.3 they seemed to prefer these perams and the colour change occured.

As for feeding they do get the occasional Tetra bits but mainly they have a diet of Beefheart. bloodworm. tetra flake. worm pellets and like.
many thanks .
Hi Brew nic comments!!