PDA

View Full Version : October 2007 spotlight vote.....

brewmaster15
10-13-2007, 06:55 AM
Please vote on The spotlight nominations for October 2007. Voting will automatically close on tuesday October 16Th.

Thanks,
al

alxjss
10-13-2007, 09:16 AM
Huh, Al, got to vote this time. Missed it last time. How come Paul isn't on the list this time?

Kindredspirit
10-13-2007, 09:22 AM
How come Paul isn't on the list this time?

Was he nominated?

Looks like we have a four way tie going on:D

brewmaster15
10-13-2007, 10:10 AM
I list the first 9 members that are Nominated..:)

-al

cktrimble
10-13-2007, 11:33 AM
:jester: Not that it's over yet, but it would be interesting to know how one would go about interviewing himself?

Discus_KC
10-13-2007, 01:28 PM
Darkdiscus (John) is a very qualified interviewer.

GrillMaster
10-13-2007, 04:39 PM
:jester: Not that it's over yet, but it would be interesting to know how one would go about interviewing himself?

There are alot of members here that would present the forum with a great interview no matter who wins. :)

tc
Mark

Kenny's Discus
10-13-2007, 06:13 PM
There are alot of members here that would present the forum with a great interview no matter who wins. :)

tc
Mark

Exactly Mark and I think we have a single race going at the moment!:p Best to all nominees they are all winners.

Kenny

brewmaster15
10-13-2007, 10:32 PM
I'd Really Really like for someone else to win... :) please....

-al

Polar_Bear
10-13-2007, 11:23 PM
Well I voted for Joe, mainly to annoy him <vewg>

Kindredspirit
10-14-2007, 12:33 AM
That is hilarious, Larry! Were you annoyed, Joe?

cktrimble
10-14-2007, 09:54 PM

tc
Mark

Yes sir, I would agree. I was just being humorous. :)

Regards,
Kevin

DISCUS USA
10-14-2007, 10:07 PM
Al got this one in the bag :) cant wait to see pics of his AAAAAAAAA GRADE fish..

Darren's Discus
10-14-2007, 10:15 PM
When Al win's,I think your wife should interview you,it's always good to get the other half more interested in your hobbies ! LOL

cheers

Kindredspirit
10-15-2007, 01:36 AM
So....do you interview yourself, Al?:)

April
10-15-2007, 02:25 AM
well..then i suppose we are gonna hear all about the guy who calls himself brewmaster...
maybe we should all get to interview him..or..the people who were interviewed already interview him. . : )

GrillMaster
10-15-2007, 12:25 PM
Maybe Kenny can "pay him back!!" I mean return the favor...:D:D:thumbsup:

brewmaster15
10-16-2007, 07:23 AM
Well,
I guess I get the dubious honor or interviewing myself.:( Thanks everyone....I think:angry::) seriously though..Thank you.

Now how best to interview oneself?:D I guess its kind of like talking to myself...only I have to take notes...:)

I have an idea.( well April had it first :))...Instead of being interviewed by any one person and putting the burden on them......How about I get interviewed by all of you?

Post your questions here and I'll write up the interview with your questions, name, and my replys... Its a bit different, but could be fun....

So... Post away... What do you want to know about Al Sabetta, aka Brewmaster15...

We'll collect the questions for a few days and then I'll get to work answering them for all you.

thanks,
-al

Kindredspirit
10-16-2007, 08:18 AM
I have a few::)

1* How old were you when you got your first discus?

2* Knowing what you know now ~ would you have still have opened Simply Discus 5-6 years ago? What would you have done different?
3* Who is your favorite Simply Discus Member? http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_1.gif

dpt8
10-16-2007, 09:26 AM
Sorry Al but I vote for you too.. How do you vote anyway :9)

GrillMaster
10-16-2007, 11:37 AM
You knew this was gonna happen eventually al...:D

Great idea letting everyone grill ya!!

Problem is, there is not very much to find out that you havent shared with everyone here at your "second home" at one point or another.:)

I have a few questions for ya...

1. Tell us a little bit about the family behind the man.

2. Most members have some sort of meaning behind their screen name. What exactly is the meaning behind yours?

3. One day you said to yourself "I would love to have a fish room". When exactly did this decision become reality? Were there any influences in your decision to start one?

4. Of course a fish room doesn't happen over night. Everyone starts with one or two tanks. I would imagine that when you saw your first spawn it escalated from there. When exactly did you go out an get that gow out tank, and how long did it take you to get the massive amount of tanks you currently take care of?

5.Those that have fish rooms know how much work it takes to maintain one. Yours is quite impressive! Nevermind the tanks you maintain upstairs. You also have a koi pond, you raise chicks, maintain a garden, an keep this site running extremely smooth. Do you actually have any free time? What do you do when your not the husband/father/Discus breeder/gardener/pond keeper/brewer/admin?

6. Starting the "Simply Discus" forum must have been a huge under taking! Who helped you get it up an running, and how long did it take?

7. Over the years since the "SD" has been up an running, the forum has developed quite a deep membership. Did you ever expect it to grow to such a size?

7. Last one for now...:D I could go on an on, but I will let others get their grillin time.:)

How can you work 20 hours a day on everything and still be one of the friendliest an hospitable individuals I have had the pleasure of getting to know?

Hope ya know shorthand al!!:D;)

tc
Mark

Ardan
10-16-2007, 06:41 PM
Al,

From the looks of it, you may have to increase the server capacity to answer all the questions.:D
Good idea letting us ask questions. I have a few:)

1.How many tanks are you currently running?
2. How many discus do you have?
3. What other fish do you have?
4. What other fish have you successfully bred or are working with?
5. What is your wc regimen?
6. What do you feed your fish and how often? (3 times daily,4?..)
7. What are your best experiences with discus?
8. What are you worst experiences? Disease? Losses?... What did you learn from them?

Oh, and I would like to see lots of pics:D

Thanks
Ardan

If I think of more questions I'll make another post:D

Darren's Discus
10-16-2007, 07:05 PM
Al,
great idea although it's going to take a year to anwser all the questions put to you.here's my couple.

1 over the years you have been involved with Discus what are the biggest and best changes you have seen with the hobby ?

2 If there was no simply discus forum do you think your Discus hobby would be as big ?

one more when will you start exporting to Australia ?????????????

cheers

alxjss
10-16-2007, 07:36 PM
OK AL, i will be good. I have been reading some of the ?'s and I can;'t think of any. Congrats, u deserve the spotlight for all u do for us!!!:balloon::balloon::balloon::drummer::fish:

cktrimble
10-16-2007, 10:56 PM
Congratulations Al. Great idea having the SD members interview you... :) Although, the idea of you interviewing yourself was pretty funny. :)

I am very new to the forums, but have enjoyed them TREMENDOUSLY. I will sit back quietly and just enjoy the questions asked and answers you give. I look forward to reading it when completed.

Thank you for a wonderful forum! You definitely deserve the spotlight! :)

TC
Kevin

Tropical Haven
10-17-2007, 09:45 AM
Damn, I wish I would have jumped into this alot earlier, you all have basically taken all of the questions. :D

Al, I will take it easy on you so I only have one question.

Q: Is there any new strains that you are currently working on and if so what types are the pair?

Polar_Bear
10-17-2007, 10:47 AM
Al,
1. What kind of filtration system(s) do you use?
2. What are your water parameters, and do you change them for breeders?
3. Its well known that you also raise angelfish, do you keep/breed any other cichlids besides angelfish and discus?
4. What is your opinion on the use of prophylactic treatments and if you do use them, what do you routinely use?
5. How well are you doing with aquatic plants?
6. Can you tell us the varieties of food you feed your discus and why?

brewmaster15
10-17-2007, 11:03 AM
Oh Boy.. Great questions everyone...Looks like I will be busy this weekend.:D

Lets get the rest of the questions posted today... and I'll start writing....so please if any one has anything else they want to ask.. Please post it today.:)

thanks,
al

April
10-17-2007, 12:49 PM
heres my question..have any sleep study centers approached you yet to do experiments on you? lol.
ok well i think most questions are asked. im sure it will be a great interview. cant wait.

Kenny's Discus
10-17-2007, 04:50 PM
No one deserves more to be in the spotlight than the one and only master aka brewmaster.:thumbsup: April couldn't come up with a better idea about being interviewed by us members...IT'S ABOUT TIME AL!:p

So here's mine, what keeps you in the discus game when you might have felt a little overwhelmed sometimes?:D(or have you?)

This will be a great interview I can't wait either!

Good luck Al LOL...

Kenny

White Worm
10-18-2007, 02:22 AM
Just in time!

We all say we have been through many things and tough times.

Has there been a time when you lost big and almost got out?

We all have someone that has helped us big through the beginning and learning stages. Kenny helped me and then we have simply.

What did you have in the beginning? Who (specifically)was your mentor or who has helped you grow in this hobby?

Squiggy
10-18-2007, 03:15 AM
I just have one question....What color is your oldest pair of socks?

:crazy:

Kindredspirit
10-18-2007, 08:25 AM
What color is your oldest pair of socks?

:crazy:

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_11_1.gif

( I can't wait til you win, Joe! )

kaceyo
10-18-2007, 08:56 AM
Hey Joe, did you get that question from Barbara Walters?

Kacey

brewmaster15
10-19-2007, 11:52 AM
okay...questions are all recorded and have been sent to me , by me,:) for my replies...once I get thru them...I'll post them..

thanks everyone!

-al