PDA

View Full Version : Makeshift divider?

Condor
10-23-2007, 08:01 PM
I have a couple that are laying in my 75 gallon on the filter intake and I was wondering if anybody had any ideas for a makeshift divider. I was thinking perhaps a trash bag with holes poked in it? lol I dont have much else. Any ideas? Thanks.

Adrian

Kindredspirit
10-23-2007, 09:24 PM
Adrian ~ check out this link.:)

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?t=59747

Condor
10-23-2007, 09:41 PM
Thanks Marie. I think I will try out the plastic mesh thing. At present I have a white plastic bag weighted down with rocks and a couple of freaked out fish lol. They are staying away from the eggs, but hopefully they will come around.

Adrian

Kindredspirit
10-23-2007, 09:44 PM
Someone told me once that you could go to Lowe's or Home Depot, Adrian, and get a piece of eggcrate cut to the measurements you specify......

If you search my 8K posts, you may even find that thread and I think....the exact measurements are posted as well:)

Don't get lost.:D:D

Condor
10-23-2007, 10:04 PM
Ha now that would be a project!

Condor
10-23-2007, 10:36 PM
Well it appears that they forgot about the eggs. We shall see.

phidelt85
10-25-2007, 01:55 AM
Yea, you can pick up a 2' x 4' of eggcrate(light diffusor) at Lowes or HD and with some sidecutters (pliers) snip it to the size you need. It's alot faster to cut it with pliers versus a hacksaw and make less of a mess as well. As far as holding it in place I just use the heater holder suction cup deal off my visitherm stealth heaters.

Condor
10-25-2007, 07:47 AM
Thanks Phidelt85. Think I'll give that a try. Of course I probably should seperate them, I just dont want to start another tank right now Guess I would have to sooner or later.

Adrian

Kindredspirit
10-25-2007, 08:02 AM
Hell, Adrian ~ you could bring home a new 500 gal and Raja in that new blue truck of yours that you won't give me!:D

phidelt85
10-25-2007, 01:48 PM
Adrian, I forgot to ask. Do you just have discus in the tank? If so, the diffusor will work great. If you have smaller fish such as smaller cories, tetras, etc. they can get through. If that were the case then perhaps the plastic needlepoint screens will work best. You can ziptie the suction cup heater holders to them and stick them to the glass.

Tropical Haven
10-25-2007, 04:41 PM
If you search my 8K posts, you may even find that thread and I think....the exact measurements are posted as well:)

Don't get lost.:D:D

Boy that is mighty nice of you, next time can you make it a little more challenging for him. :D:D:D

Kindredspirit
10-25-2007, 07:27 PM
Boy that is mighty nice of you, next time can you make it a little more challenging for him. :D:D:D

:)

jgriffis1611
10-25-2007, 08:50 PM
Hello,
Call some sign places and get some of that Plastic Corrigate(it looks like white cardboard). I believe you'll know what I'm talking about. I just built some today. poke some hole with nails in it and you'll need a seperate filter and heater for that part. The positive of this is that the fish feel private. The other ideas do not help them feel alone.

Jesus Saves

White Worm
10-26-2007, 01:07 AM
http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/category.asp?catalog%5Fname=USPlastic&category%5Fname=62&Page=1&utm_source=google&gclid=CKnHio7lq48CFRssawodLVNZSQ

phidelt85
10-26-2007, 02:38 AM
Great link Mikscus!!

Condor
10-26-2007, 11:39 AM
Hello,
Call some sign places and get some of that Plastic Corrigate(it looks like white cardboard). I believe you'll know what I'm talking about. I just built some today. poke some hole with nails in it and you'll need a seperate filter and heater for that part. The positive of this is that the fish feel private. The other ideas do not help them feel alone.

Jesus Saves

http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/category.asp?catalog%5Fname=USPlastic&category%5Fname=62&Page=1&utm_source=google&gclid=CKnHio7lq48CFRssawodLVNZSQ

Thanks for the tips, guys.:)