PDA

View Full Version : First Spawn!!!

ILuvMyGoldBarb
10-28-2007, 11:21 PM
:bounce2: My Discus just paired up and spawned for the first time tonight!!! What an absolutely awesome sight. They picked a good leaf on the Melon Sword. :) This is the first Discus spawn I've ever had. :)

phidelt85
10-29-2007, 02:05 AM
Congrats!! I hope one day to share in your success. Keep us updated! with pics preferably :)

ILuvMyGoldBarb
10-29-2007, 04:23 AM
I did try to get a couple of pictures last night but it was kind of difficult since I really didn't want to disturb them. I'll try to get some more today. the lights are not even on yet. :)

fishmama
10-29-2007, 07:13 AM
Hey Congrats!!!! Enjoy the show and best of luck :-)

Kenny's Discus
10-29-2007, 07:21 AM
Hi Betta, how are the eggs today? Keep us updated and congratulations.:)

Kenny

Kindredspirit
10-29-2007, 08:58 AM
Good for you Betta! It is exciting yes?

Diamond Discus
10-29-2007, 09:17 AM
Congratulations!! It is an awesome event!

Iovino Gennaro
10-29-2007, 09:18 AM
Congrats!!! I hope you'll have a lot of satisfactions with this pair. Could you post any photos???

ILuvMyGoldBarb
10-29-2007, 10:26 AM
Things are going great. Mom and Dad are guarding the eggs faithfully and fanning them. I will try to get some pictures later today.

ILuvMyGoldBarb
10-29-2007, 06:04 PM
The much demanded pictures.
Daddy
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a227/iluvmygoldbarb/Daddy.jpg
The Pair Guarding the Eggs
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a227/iluvmygoldbarb/PICT1845.jpg

phidelt85
10-29-2007, 09:23 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: ROFLMAO!!

All of you guys have me spittin' up my drink as I read these posts. Actually just Marie and Kenny fell for it.

Why are you callin ILuvmygoldbarba, "BETTA"

Is it because it's the last line on the signature? If you read the entire signature it says 1.5 gal betta.

BTW, I'm diggin' the face on that Snakeskin

ILuvMyGoldBarb
10-29-2007, 09:47 PM
I wondered the same thing phidelt85. I really need to edit my sig. LOL

That snakeskin does have really cool markings on the face.

BTW, it was impossible to see which one was ejecting the eggs so can anyone tell which is the male and which is the female?

phidelt85
10-30-2007, 12:37 AM
Did you get a good look at the breeding tubes by chance. If it was pointed, that the male. If it was kinda longer and flat along the bottome, that the female.

Kindredspirit
10-30-2007, 01:48 AM
All of you guys have me spittin' up my drink as I read these posts. Actually just Marie and Kenny fell for it.

That is funny as hell!!!:D:D:D:D I called her Betta cuz KENNY did!! And it does say that in her signature, not in her post!! And now that you mention it, When I saw Kenny said "Betta", I thought, "this member is NOT Betta".....but then I blew it off thinking I WAS WRONG!! LOL!!!!

wow. All Kenny's Fault!

That is hilarious! I am busting up!!

This happened once before...this member was saying that she shld give her self a "pat on the back" for something....

Well ~ right after that someone called her PAT....it went on forever!! and her post SAID........Nicole!! LOL!!! Everyone called her Pat! Till I fixed it:D

doc3toes
10-30-2007, 02:01 AM
let us know if you get wrigglers, then we'll guess on sex! the BT in the top photo looks pretty young?

ILuvMyGoldBarb
10-30-2007, 07:04 AM
Umm Marie, that's "I called him Betta..." I'm not female. LOL

Both of these fish are less than a year old.

I did get a look at the tubes and the BT was definitely pointed.

Kindredspirit
10-30-2007, 08:22 AM
Umm Marie, that's "I called him Betta..." I'm not female. LOL

Well, perhaps had you signed your name, ya wouldn't be having a new FISH one.:D:D

Kenny's Discus
11-02-2007, 06:22 PM

Is it because it's the last line on the signature? If you read the entire signature it says 1.5 gal betta.

BTW, I'm diggin' the face on that Snakeskin

:D:D:D:D I'm getting old and I need some new glasses, "Snakeskin"! (I only look at the last word of anyone's signature as their name LOL)

Kenny

Kenny's Discus
11-02-2007, 06:24 PM
That is funny as hell!!!:D:D:D:D I called her Betta cuz KENNY did!! And it does say that in her signature, not in her post!! And now that you mention it, When I saw Kenny said "Betta", I thought, "this member is NOT Betta".....but then I blew it off thinking I WAS WRONG!! LOL!!!!

wow. All Kenny's Fault!

That is hilarious! I am busting up!!

This happened once before...this member was saying that she shld give her self a "pat on the back" for something....

Well ~ right after that someone called her PAT....it went on forever!! and her post SAID........Nicole!! LOL!!! Everyone called her Pat! Till I fixed it:D

Yeah Marie it is always my fault...:( "I SEE HOW IT IS NOW!":D

Kenny

ILuvMyGoldBarb
11-02-2007, 07:03 PM
Well, They were obviously first timers. None of the eggs were viable and they removed all of them. Here's hoping for another spawn.

ILuvMyGoldBarb
11-04-2007, 11:14 PM
Well, they spawned again tonight. Should I do a water change tomorrow to help keep the water quality up for them?

Kenny's Discus
11-04-2007, 11:38 PM
Yes keep up with the normal WC to keep the water quality high, just do it gently and don't siphon/fill too close to where the eggs were laid unless your pair is experienced.

Good luck to this new spawn; hopefully we'll see some wrigglers soon.:)

Kenny