PDA

View Full Version : ID this juv

Diboroan
11-02-2007, 10:03 AM
I have this particular juv from my Glss(i) + Glss batch which is totally different from its siblings.

Out of the 60 plus frys about half are glss, the rest are glss(i), gl, gl(i) this is the odd one out.

I'm not sure if it is a golden? Its the only one that is yellowish while the others exhibit a more orange coloration. Can someone help me out with this. Thanks.

jeep
11-02-2007, 10:17 AM
Well, since it's different from it's siblings, I'd have to say it's a "throw-back"... A throwback to what depends on the lineage of the parents :)

At that age it's hard to tell, but if the parents have PB genetics, my best guess would be it's a Golden PB. Looks like it has nice potential ;)

Diboroan
11-02-2007, 11:00 AM
Both parents are pure golden fish.It should be a throwback but would love to know what strain it actually belongs to.

What really puzzles me is that this little fellow managed to stay yellowish although it has been fed the same food as its siblings. They were all more yellowish from the start but all its other siblings got more orangy over time. I feed them tetrabits, brime shrimp, beef heart, tropical flakes and New life spectrum discus formula.

Are pure golden less likely to turn orangy than pure glss? Thanks

Bas
11-02-2007, 11:48 AM
I think the same as Jeep.
As thos strains are not developed so good yet, I am almost sure it is a throwback.
Could be pigeon. I don't know that yet. It is hard to tell it on this age yet. I should keep an eye on him and see how it developes the next few months.

But offcourse this is interesting :D

Diboroan
11-02-2007, 11:48 PM
ya would look out for how this fellow turns out as well. :)