PDA

View Full Version : First Annual OKAA Event!!!

phidelt85
11-08-2007, 09:29 PM
Hey everybody! The Oklahoma Aquarium Association (OKAA) is going to be hold our first event beginning in 2008. We are currently in the planning stages and trying to coordinate a date that does not conflict with other associations' events in the region. Currently, we are looking at dates in the month of June (hopefully one of the last two weekends).

The plan is to have a two-day event. The first day will be comprised of speakers and a Fish Show followed by the second day, which will be an auction. We are hoping that people from the surrounding states of Oklahoma will be able to attend. We are attempting to find a location that will have a large open area for this event that will also provide rooms at a discounted rate for the event.

I am writing this to see what kind of interest from folks there is on this site to attend this inaugeral event, in addition to, ask for any ideas or thoughts we should consider. As I said this is our first event ever and want to make it a big hit. It is my wish that there is a large discus showing in our fish show as well as auction. I went to the TCA auction this past month in Dallas and was kinda disappointed to see only 5 bags of discus out of the few hundred that were there. I know there are some great hobbyists and breeders not far from OKC and am hoping our event will end up on your calendars as a must go to event to see great fish of all types including Discus. :D

Any thoughts and considerations are welcome.

phidelt85
11-10-2007, 03:38 AM
:confused:Looks like the fish aren't biting. Hmmm.

Kindredspirit
11-10-2007, 08:57 AM
Guess not, babe:( I would be interested if I was in Oklahoma!

phidelt85
11-10-2007, 11:29 AM
Guess not, babe:( I would be interested if I was in Oklahoma!

I know you would! :)

Kindredspirit
11-10-2007, 11:32 AM
Well, not anymore, toots, since you are going somewhere without me!:D

phidelt85
11-11-2007, 02:12 AM
I waited! :D

Kindredspirit
11-11-2007, 02:58 AM
Did you go did you go? What did you get? How many, Jose? Pictures up yet?

Discus-Hans
11-11-2007, 04:26 AM
Give me the data, if it fits in my agenda, send me 2 flight tickets from BWI, book my room and you will have enough Discus in your show, a speaker and some Discus as donation for your club in the auction,

Hans

Elite Aquaria
11-13-2007, 07:48 PM
I may try to make it...I would love to go to a Discus show...:D

Dan

phidelt85
11-13-2007, 09:11 PM
Dan, that would be great if you could make it!!

Hans, I've spoken to our committee and it's in their hands for now. I'll let you know once they finalize a date if it's possible.

Green Country Discus
11-13-2007, 09:51 PM
If it wasn't so far...you know Jose????:D. We will be there with some fish to show and some for the club auction. Angela wants to speak.....just ask her LOL :D:D:D!

Discus_KC
11-13-2007, 10:17 PM
If it wasn't so far...you know Jose????:D. We will be there with some fish to show and some for the club auction. Angela wants to speak.....just ask her LOL :D:D:D!

I'll be there if Angela speaks !! And if I'm not over the pond by then!

Jack

phidelt85
11-13-2007, 10:30 PM
This is great!! Really this would be really awesome to get a large Discus showing at our show, I think it will help draw folks to the event. What do you think?