PDA

View Full Version : Possible Bacterial Infection?

angelqh
11-14-2007, 02:37 PM
Hi! I have 8 new discus in a 30 gal quarantine tank (sooo glad I've been reading here!), they're all around 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 inches. My water parameters are all good, and I've been doing daily 30% water changes. All of the fish look very healthy except for 1 that has it's head tilted down a little, and seems to stay away from the other fish. He does eat, but is not as enthusiastic as the others. On a few of the other fish are a few tiny white spots on the edges of the fins, and one or 2 spots on the side of the body. Doesn't look like ich to me, maybe a fungus or bacteria? I've been treating the tank with prazi pro as a preventative for the first week. Temperature is 86 degrees, and I added 2 tsps salt/10gallons.

So I guess my question is... should I be concerned? Should I stop prazi pro and treat with something else? I'm hesitant to do so... poor little guys have been stressed enough from shipping already and are just starting to not freak out every time I go by the tank.

thanks for any help!

Corinne

Graham
11-14-2007, 02:54 PM
Hi At this point I wouldn't throw any more meds at them. Just maintain the water watching NH3 and NO2. If they get worse then look at a shotgun med like QuickCure.

The amount of salt that you added will have no affect on anything

Graham