PDA

View Full Version : Spawning in comunity tank

guille2007
11-16-2007, 09:07 PM
What to do with the eggs that a pair have spawned in my comunity tank?, the eggs seems good, male and female doing their job, it was on a brick placed over the glass, so what steps to follow in that case?

mikesmac
11-16-2007, 09:58 PM
Hi guille2007,

The 1st thing you should do is watch them and see if they hatch. Wouldn't make any sense to do anything else until you know they are viable...I have a couple of sets of females that lay eggs together (lots of them!) with no male present...and work as a team protecting them for a few days afterwards...they are confused :) After you see that they hatch I've seen people write on here that they've had fry survive in a their community tank... I've never had that happen in mine.... never had them past about the 1st day free swimming before they disappeared. Otherwise you can try moving them with the parents to their own tank.... some may make it.... but chances are you'll just have to write them off and wait for the pair to lay again...which they should do once they are settled into the new tank.

Mike

guille2007
11-16-2007, 11:49 PM
Thanks, in this case they are male and female for sure so let see...