PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

montegna
11-21-2007, 01:28 AM
Hi all,
Just wanted to introduce myself. I have been occassionally browsing the site and decided it is time to engage. After reading some posts today, I think I have found some very friendly people here.
My name is Karen I live in a little town called Irrigon, In Oregon, about 3 hours east of Portland, and 35 minutes from Tri-Cities Washington. My lfs's are in Washington, unless I want to take the drive to Portland to shop. Portland is where I actually purchased my discus and Mbuna cichlids.
I have 4 tanks running currently, the 5th is still in the planning phase, I want to make it salt, but not sure of the investment yet. Also thinking about betta's. (its only a 10 gl)
Currenty set up is 100 gl mbuna cichlid tank, 50gl with Discus, 20 gl with tetras, danios, and misc fun stuff, and a 10 gl with LOTS of mbuna babies. (If anyone in the area is interested in babies just let me know, they will go cheep, I dont have room for all of the when the grow up :)
I look foreward to getting to know you friendly folks.
Sincerely
Karen

White Worm
11-21-2007, 01:49 AM
Welcome Karen! You will find more information than you ever needed here. You will not find a better source for helpful people in the hobby. There are numerous highly experienced discus keepers here that can help with just about anything. Sounds like you may have some good info to share also. We need pics of your setup, please share! I will be in your neck of the woods come next June. Relocating my job to Portland.

Rod
11-21-2007, 03:16 AM
Welcome Karen, i'm sure you'll have fun here.

Rod:)

brewmaster15
11-21-2007, 09:07 AM
Hi Karen!!

Welcome to SimplyDiscus!!!!!!:)

Its nice to meet you. Glad you found the forum!:)

take care,
al

Kindredspirit
11-21-2007, 09:08 AM
Welcome, Karen!:)

montegna
11-22-2007, 01:14 AM
What is the best way to post pictures on this site? I am sorta new at forums and dont know my way around them too well.
Is there much activity in the chat room? I like the instant response available in the chats over posting. Its a good way to get to know people too.

GrillMaster
11-22-2007, 11:37 AM
Welcome aboard Karen!! :)

You can check out this thread:
http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?t=21447

Cant wait to see the pics!

tc
Mark

alxjss
11-22-2007, 10:08 PM
What is the best way to post pictures on this site? I am sorta new at forums and dont know my way around them too well.
Is there much activity in the chat room? I like the instant response available in the chats over posting. Its a good way to get to know people too.

Don't count on the chat room. Not very active i must say. Who no's, maybe u will be the one that starts the ball rolling:D Welcome to Simply, and yes, pics, pics, and more pics!!!

fishmama
11-22-2007, 11:35 PM
Hi Karen
Welcome to SD and glad to have ya' here!
Lisa aka Fishmama

Darren's Discus
11-23-2007, 12:18 AM
Welcome Karen.

cheers

aquariumambience
11-24-2007, 05:49 AM
Welcome, Karen ;)

aquariumambience
11-24-2007, 05:50 AM
Welcome, Karen ;)
Welcome, Karen