PDA

View Full Version : Any Crazy People wait in lines this AM??

greyhoundfan
11-23-2007, 11:08 AM
I was a Bestbuy this morning hoping to cash in on laptop. I got there at 4am, only to find 400 people in front of me. I stand in line a few minutes and hear passerbys saying they were in the front of the line and all the laptop specials are gone!!.. I didn't even make it to the store.

So went to plan B and hit Office Depot. I was the 24th person in line over there and I got the second to the last laptop I was looking for..

Wheww!! Good luck out there..

Kindredspirit
11-23-2007, 11:44 AM
Is this not crazy or what?? I just saw on the news, here at Frys, people were in line all night too!! Poker tables set up, chairs, food....wow!

Black Friday ~ more money today is spent than any other day of the year!

tpl*co
11-23-2007, 02:46 PM
LOL, Got my items online though it won't be shipped till after the holidays. Didn't want to wait in line. Though we did get some clothes this morning for my daughter.

Tina

tpl*co
11-23-2007, 10:27 PM
Another thing that I did was I noticed that some stores posted Thursday ads online on Wednesday, giving you a heads up. Some stores have price adjustments if an item goes on sale within a week. So I got some items I had my eye on Wednesday night, then came in for my price adjustment after the crowds today. (there were still some of the item on the shelf, so it wasn't cheating, but I didn't have to wait in line at 6 am for it just in case).

Also, a store can have the same specials online. ;) (or the same store can have other websites that'll have the item on sale if the first one isn't showing up ;)).

Tina

greyhoundfan
11-24-2007, 12:43 AM
That takes all the fun out of it Tina..;)

I went back to the scene of the crime early this evening. Frys and Bestbuy, looks like they've been picked dry. I don't know what it is about Frys but they always have people in there. The check out line was like a Disneyland ride. Bestbuy was pretty empty and no one at the check out line.

All the laptop specials were gone. They should just start marking down the regular priced items. Glad I got my laptop this morning.