PDA

View Full Version : Change of plans (I hope!) :)

bikhu
11-24-2007, 09:13 AM
I answered an add on Craigslist recently. The add was for free Bushy Nose plecos. Apparently the woman running the add has an abundance of them and wants to give them away as opposed to giving them or selling them to a LFS. Sounds good to me!
She offered me 8 of these puppies so I set up a 40 gal breeder tank for them. Put in some driftwood I had and set up a AC filter and sponge filter. We made plans to hook up. Unfortunately something came up and she wasn't able to make the date. Not wanting to kill the biofilter I figured I would put a couple of Discus in there in the meantime and thats when the romance started! :)
They really liked the driftwood it seems and very soon they were shimmying and shaking, picking and dancing and I can't be sure about this but... I swear I could hear some Marvin Gaye playing in the background!
I think I am going to forego the plecos as I don't want to break up their little love-nest and I refuse to skip QT.
These are some GoldenxYellows that I acquired from GLD at 3" some time ago. (I really hope this works... I am a newbie with the photos....)

brewmaster15
11-24-2007, 09:26 AM
Peter,
you need to make the picture bigger...pixel wise.. try 500px by 500px or close to it..

-al

bikhu
11-24-2007, 09:32 AM
Lets give it another try....

Kindredspirit
11-24-2007, 09:34 AM
See, Peter ~ you didn't need me after all...:D

They look great!

Kenny's Discus
11-24-2007, 09:49 AM
Peter, that's a fine looking pair you got there!:) Great job in raising them up to this nice size and shape, and a big thumbs-up to Cary-the-creator of such beautiful strain. They looked to be very much in love even just looking at the photo. Good luck!

Kenny

bikhu
11-24-2007, 10:01 AM
Thanks Kenny. They have spawned a few times in a community tank but obviously no fry. Put them alone before and they acted like they hated each other... Still no eggs yet today but they are loving the driftwood...

Darren's Discus
11-30-2007, 05:34 PM
Peter,
funny how thing's work out sometimes all the best with them !

cheers

Discus_KC
11-30-2007, 06:28 PM
Nice fish . Lots of good things happen at the oddest times.

Jack

LizStreithorst
11-30-2007, 06:32 PM
I think I rememeber being told that you should but 2 females and a male in the breeding tank together. Do they have a nice cave-like hiding place to lay their eggs?

Good luck with them.

alxjss
11-30-2007, 07:41 PM
Still no eggs yet today but they are loving the driftwood...

yeah, me too.:D Cary has beautiful fish, thats for sure. I can vouch for that too;)