PDA

View Full Version : If you won the Lottery what would you buy in reference to Discus

C_of_Discus
11-29-2007, 02:02 PM
Thought this may be a fun post.

If you won the lotto couple of Million what would you do?

I would turn an Olympic size pool into a discus tank and go swimming with the fishes. I would go collecting and get some nice wilds for the pool.

:bandana:

Tropical Haven
11-29-2007, 02:39 PM
I would make my hatchery the state of the art and make it as fully automated as possible.

dpt8
11-29-2007, 02:53 PM
[I] would have a hatchery and stock it with lots of great dicus like at Al's :9)

Organic Farmer
11-29-2007, 03:29 PM
Something ive always wanted to do, buy a very large tank,stock it with alot high quality discus and donate it to a childrens hospital.

phidelt85
11-29-2007, 03:46 PM
Sheesh!! I can't even imagine.

alpine
11-29-2007, 06:04 PM
Airline tickets to Hong Kong, Malasya , Nam , China , Singapoure etc etc so I could visit and meet all the Great Breeders of Discus and see all their Hatcheries.

roberto.

brewmaster15
11-29-2007, 06:07 PM
A trip to Brazil and Peru for an extended wild discus collection.
-al

Darren's Discus
11-29-2007, 06:18 PM
The latest and greatest automatic water changing system and then dip all my discus in gold then i will be the only hobbyist in the world to have true golden discus ! lol

cheers

Ardan
11-29-2007, 07:15 PM
retire from my job and spend a lot more time in the fishroom:)

Maybe even expand:D

Ardan

crimson cross
11-29-2007, 07:37 PM
buy more bulldogs.....

ShinShin
11-29-2007, 08:10 PM
I'd buy up every bulldog discus, then sell them (at quite a loss, I'm sure) to Purina for Catfish Chow.

Kindredspirit
11-29-2007, 08:38 PM
buy more bulldogs.....

Buy at least one:D

devonpond
11-29-2007, 08:57 PM
I'd hire the architects of the Radisson SAS Hotel in Berlin, Germany for my living room remodel!!!

http://www.arcspace.com/travel/radisson_berlin_hotel/12.Radisson.jpg

AquaDom Lobby aquarium, 25 meters high, holds 2,500 tropical fish and 1 million liters of water. That's over 264,000 gallons!

alpine
11-29-2007, 08:57 PM
Way to go Larry !!!!

roberto.

Discus-Hans
11-29-2007, 09:33 PM
No idea, think I'm happy with what I've,

Hans

Dolphin Dip
11-29-2007, 09:56 PM
my girlfriend and i have always talked about this...
i would buy a house with a decent sized livin room, in which i could put a discus planted tank, wrapping around the entire room on the wall.
i would probaly have to hire scolley to take care of it because i don't think i could handle a tank of that size by myself.

edit: the fish i had would prefferably collected from the wild.

crimson cross
11-29-2007, 10:53 PM
ya, selling bds to Purina as cat food, you might end up with "bullcat"......lol.

davidinsarasota
11-30-2007, 12:04 AM
Combination of Al and Scott. Go on a collecting expedition, as much to experience and learn about their natural habitat as to get fish. Then bring them home to custom room surrounding, floor to ceiling "tank" designed for their comfort.

Oh yea, I would have to get a house to go with it since I live in a second floor apt.

Finally, I'd endow a capable local South American university with a research/breeding facility to insure that all of us collectors don't negatively affect discus populations for future generations of discus addicts.

Kindredspirit
11-30-2007, 11:06 AM
No idea, think I'm happy with what I've,

Hans

You forgot the "got"...."I'm happy with what I've got"...lol!

Me too, Hans ~ but I would love to lose one job at least!...oh oh...and get my 125gallon tank!

Those two things ~ then...I'm good:)

Ryan
11-30-2007, 11:41 AM
I would build a nice fish room and hire one of you to come and do water changes/tank wipe-downs. :D I will pay you either with cash or with discus, your choice.

B-O-F
11-30-2007, 11:53 AM
I would build a nice fish room and hire one of you to come and do water changes/tank wipe-downs. :D I will pay you either with cash or with discus, your choice.

If that includes travelling expenses, your on !!!

ShinShin
11-30-2007, 06:15 PM
Actually, Phil, I did say "Catfish" Chow. ;)

Mat

crazie.eddie
11-30-2007, 07:15 PM
Buy a Ferrari so I can drive in style when I go pickup my discus from a breeder.

crimson cross
11-30-2007, 07:59 PM
Mat, my mistake...my bad...
Phil.

Jhill
11-30-2007, 09:16 PM
Hi all I'm sorta new here.
Now I would take a million and build a building for discus and also a bonsai workshop. I would give classes on discus and bonsai. (I would bring in the experienced in bonsai and discus to give workshops to teach those that would want to learn.) So when the bonsai people are working on there trees they will have beautiful discus to look at (probably won't get much work done on their trees ) :) And when those come for discus will have beautiful bonsai trees to look at. I know, I know but my first obsession is bonsai and now I seem to be developing an obsession with discus. But just don't have the space. I wish I could have tanks set up all out in my bonsai garden all year!! :)
This is what I would do.

A Friend in discus
John

GrillMaster
12-01-2007, 01:15 AM
Get a house with a basement!! :D ;)

The rest is history!

tc
Mark

mandisc
12-01-2007, 03:48 PM
i'll buy a bigger house and then adopt as many orphans as me and my wife could have as our beloved childrens and then have 1000tanks of DISCUS n enjoy keeping them happily ever after. hehe

brewmaster15
12-01-2007, 04:55 PM
hey Mandisc,:)

i'll buy a bigger house and then adopt as many orphans as me and my wife could have as our beloved childrens very very cool. I hope you win the Lottery.:)

-al

Kindredspirit
12-01-2007, 05:06 PM
Gosh, Me Too! How cool would that be to have every child with a loving family, I ask you?

Darren's Discus
12-01-2007, 10:27 PM
i'll buy a bigger house and then adopt as many orphans as me and my wife could have as our beloved childrens and then have 1000tanks of DISCUS n enjoy keeping them happily ever after. hehe

Hey Mandisc,
you will need all those children to give you a hand cleaning 1000 tanks.

cheers

Kenny's Discus
12-01-2007, 10:39 PM
If I won the Lottery the first thing I would buy is Simplydiscus.com:D since I like it so very much...only if it is available of course!:p

I'd also like to buy all those wonderful people who have been working so hard behind it; but I'm pretty sure they are priceless!:)

Kenny

Darren's Discus
12-01-2007, 10:57 PM
If I won the Lottery the first thing I would buy is Simplydiscus.com:D since I like it so very much...only if it is available of course!:p

I'd also like to buy all those wonderful people who have been working so hard behind it; but I'm pretty sure they are priceless!:)

Kenny

Don't you hate it when someone trumps you !!! How true but isn't better enjoying simply and letting Al and Ryan deal with any problems maybe if we one the lottery we could just make a bigger donation !

cheers

mandisc
12-02-2007, 01:19 AM
Hey Mandisc,
you will need all those children to give you a hand cleaning 1000 tanks.

cheers
haha darren,
those childrens are there to enjoy n consentrate on their studies for their future well being. maybe just helping to feed the fishes will be a great help but i'll employ 2 helpers for the maintainance job. yahooo. and no more shift work for me. cheers

Discus-Hans
12-02-2007, 01:57 AM

Kenny

Ha ha ha ha Kenny,

I think Al + Ryan will pay YOU to take it over at the moment, I've NO idea how they can have a "normal" job beside this forum.

If I was the owner I would disconnect my PM and email system, to prevent getting PM's and emails from idiots like Discus Hans (oepps that's me :angel:)

lol

Hans