PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Indian Trail NC

jcck
12-02-2007, 12:00 AM
Hi, Just wanted to introduce myself, I have had a FW aquarium for 4 years and recently picked up a 72 gal. bowfront, that I have installed in my LR wall where all can see. I will use my 29 gal for my acclimation tank and am very excited about raising Discus in this new tank. I am taking my time and reading as much about Discus as I can find. I will have the tank up and running in the next couple of weeks!! and so by Feb. I plan on acquiring about 25 Cardinal Tetras and shortly after that about 6 Discus. Thanks so much for this very informative site as I hope to use it to its fullest and avoid too many costly mistakes!!

Jim

Tropical Haven
12-02-2007, 12:11 PM
Welcome to simply Jim!! I am glad you are doing your homework on here before you jump right into discus, this is a smart thing to do. Good luck on your new discus tank and after you have everything in there take some pics and share it with everyone.

dustinmccrary
12-02-2007, 01:08 PM
seems like there is a lot of us getting on board from North Carolina. someone from Murphy just posted the other day, and I am in Chapel Hill. looks like we will have this state covered!

jcck
12-02-2007, 02:22 PM
Thanks for the welcome!!! I will be glad to take some pics, however it will be awhile, (GRIN) yes I noticed there were some tarheels here, if your ever down this way give me a holler !! Jim

alxjss
12-02-2007, 03:17 PM
Welcome to Simply Jim. This is a great site for new discus keepers. I am one also. Only just shy of 7 months and i can't tell u how much i have learnd not only how to keep discus but fishkeeping in general.
Can't wait for the pics! Where r u gonna buy ur discus from? There r great sponsers here on SD, u may want to consider them. Oh, and check out the auction sec as well:D

aquariumambience
12-08-2007, 04:44 AM
welcome

Ardan
12-09-2007, 05:09 PM
Welcome and good luck with your new tank.:)
I am glad you will acclimate/quarantine the fish. If you can get the cardinals and discus together from the same place and same tank if you can, then no worries about disease transmitted from one to the other.

Ardan