PDA

View Full Version : Weird spawning behavior

Diamond Discus
12-06-2007, 11:51 AM
Last night just before lights out my Straited Turquoise pair acted like they were going to start spawning again. They had been bowing and shimmying for each other all day and cleaning the cone. I changed about 75 percent of their water. She was starting to make some practice passes up the cone and he was darkened and watching her. I left their lights on and left the room for a couple of hours. I checked them at 10 and she was repeatedly making quick head butting movements at the cone stopping about 1/4 inch away from actually hitting it. She did this over and over while he watched her. I have no idea what was going on. She was breathing rapidly too. She acted like she was crazy! I decided to leave them alone with the lights on and around 3am I checked again, there were still no eggs and the pair was in their sleeping corner, resting together, so I turned off the lights. We have lunar night lights, so I could see that she made her way back over to the cone and was staring at it again. I left the room. I have no idea if they spawned or not. Today they are business as usual, eating well, but he is still darkened like he is ready to go antime she says the word???????? Ever seen that before??

Diamond Discus
12-06-2007, 11:57 AM
I just noticed them still making the heart shaped bowing passes at each other. :confused: Maybe she was frustrated about something. :confused:

AADiscus
12-06-2007, 01:42 PM
He might of had a head ache and she was mad.:D

phidelt85
12-06-2007, 03:29 PM
He might of had a head ache and she was mad.:D

LOL! You're too funny Angela!

kaceyo
12-06-2007, 03:46 PM
Are you sure she wasn't cleaning the cone? I've seen them get pretty excited about cleaning, to the point it looked like they were attacking it.

Kacey

Diamond Discus
12-06-2007, 03:56 PM
Are you sure she wasn't cleaning the cone? I've seen them get pretty excited about cleaning, to the point it looked like they were attacking it.

KaceyNo she was not cleaning, she dropped her nose and made quick lunges toward the cone with her forehead. Like she was going to hit it hard but stopped short. Like every 3 seconds for the entire 10 minutes I watched her. She was still doing it when I left.