PDA

View Full Version : Barb Newell

tag
12-07-2007, 11:32 AM
Hi Everyone,

It's been some time since I've posted on the forum. Some of you may still remember me.

I was a very good friend of Barb Newell's and wanted to leave a post for you all as to the sad news.

Barb passed away in her sleep Tuesday night. There are currently no details as to the cause of death.

To say that you as the Simply Discus community were all so apart of who Barb was and what Barb's passion is an understatement.

I know that she would want me to thank all of you for your friendship.

It's my understanding that Barb may have some outstanding shipments that sadly will not be completed.

Having said that, I need your help. I have spent the last couple of days and nights moving Barb's discus into my home because her family is unable to care for them.

Having left the hobby some time ago, I'm seriously out of the loop with respect to what to do now.

I am selling Barb's discus with all profits going to her two children.

I need help with pricing and where to best advertise.

If anyone is interested in any of Barb's discus and you are local to Hamilton Ontario, please let me know.

You are welcome to email me at tina@mountaincable.net

I've never shipped so I'm not sure what it entails or anything of the process. I won't say at this point that I'm not interested or capable if someone should be interested however.... I'm going to need some real help with the details.

I will post a list shortly of all that's available. There are several proven pairs, juvies and younger fry that I'll be growing out for sale.

Please, if any of you wish to take an interest in helping out, I would very much appreciate any help/suggestions that can be made.

I know that Barb will be greatly missed by us all.

Take care

Barb's friend Tina, known on the forum as tag.

brewmaster15
12-07-2007, 12:57 PM
Tina,
Thank you for being there for her Family.. I just sent you an email.

-al

Lisachromis
12-07-2007, 01:08 PM
Maybe this notice could be posted at DAAH as well. I'm sure the more people that know about this the better.

tag
12-07-2007, 01:58 PM
Absolutely, please spread the word as far and wide as possible.

I have alot of discus to find homes.

Thanks to everyone

Tina

Rogerthedodger
12-07-2007, 02:23 PM
Sent you an e-mail Tina.

You're obviously a good friend to Barbs family.

Roger

mktorn
12-07-2007, 02:24 PM
Hi Tina,
I have sent e-mail to you. Please look.

Thank you,
Michael

tag
12-07-2007, 02:39 PM
I am checking my email several times a day. Please bear with me, the emails are flooding in. I'm replying as quickly as I can.

I can't say how overwhelmed with appreciation I am for the offers of help, support and interest in the Discus.

Thank you so much, all of you, for taking such an interest.

Take care, I promise to get back to everyone as soon as possible.

Tina

April
12-07-2007, 02:45 PM
tina. thank you for posting..and im so glad you can help . she has beautiful discus..and they need to be cared for. thats great you can sell them and the proceeds will go to her family.
brewmaster can help for sure with the pricing and whos who etc. id love some..but im in vancouver..and as you said..shipping is new to you . i have a feeling you will find homes in no time for them.

Cosmo
12-07-2007, 06:37 PM
Tina,

I know this must be a very difficult time for you, and I suspect you're not holding up as well as your written words may tend to indicate.

Thank you for being you, and for being there..

Jim

Discus-Hans
12-07-2007, 07:28 PM
Tina, you're special, you got my respect.

If I can help you with anything, please contact me,

Hans

Kenny's Discus
12-07-2007, 07:44 PM
Tina, you are a very kind-hearted person...thank you for helping out Barb's family during this very difficult time.

Kenny

AADiscus
12-07-2007, 10:30 PM
I think everyone in the discus community is overwhelmed with this. You are a great person to step up to the plate and help the family with the fish. Wish I was closer to help as well but I think you have plenty of help with locals and really close people to barb to help you with the fish. If you need anything please let us know. We will help with what we can from our end.

Ax
12-08-2007, 12:47 PM
It is very sad news, she was a great friend and mentor, please let me know, if there is anything I could help with. And I so much appreciated on keeping us posted.

Best Regards,
Alex.

tag
12-09-2007, 01:09 AM
Thank you for all of the kind words. Barb was a one of a kind friend and I only wish there was more that I could do.

Jim, you are so right my friend. It is a horrible and stressful time both in losing a dear friend and the mass move of fish etc.

I am absolutely overwhelmed by the kindness, offer of help and support of this community as well as others. I am in total awe.

What a wonderful group of friends that you are.

Thank you all again for everything.

Take care

Tina

Ardan
12-09-2007, 03:54 AM
Tina,
you have taken on a huge job and are handling it with great care and doing a great job at it.
Thank you
Barb would be very happy that her discus are in such capable, caring hands.

Ardan

Andrew Soh
12-09-2007, 09:45 AM
Thanks Tina for helping Barb family out.

We have communicated in this forum and DAAH.....it's sad to lose a friend......

Though I am very far.....I sincerely wish I could be of help...

Andrew Soh:angel:

rush2112
12-09-2007, 07:29 PM
We are very saddened by the news of Barb's passing. My wife, brother Peter and I bought discus from her and enjoyed talking with her. She was such a nice lady. I was happy to see my testimonial on her web site when she first set it up.

Gino, Rose & Peter

limige
12-11-2007, 12:35 PM
so sorry to hear of barbs passing, it's a great loss to this board and all who knew her. my prayers go out to her friends and family.