PDA

View Full Version : Another way to go "Green"

oodi
12-07-2007, 10:30 PM
I was talking to RyanH last night, and somehow, we got onto the subject of cleaning, and worrying about fumes, etc., around the fish tanks, so I thought I would pass this on...

As some of you know in addition to the fish, Tad and I also have birds. Because of the fish and birds, some areas of the house haven't been taken care of like they should, because I have always worried about using cleaners and/or furniture polish around them.

I have recently discovered a line of products that I cannot say enough good about. They work wonderfully! In addition, I don't worry as much about using them near the animals, as they are non-toxic and made from natural ingredients. This line of products is called Method. Target stores have the best selection and prices around here, but they also have a website:

http://methodhome.com/index.php

Judi
:)

Cosmo
12-07-2007, 10:36 PM
I've seen those scent sticks at Bed, Bath & Beyond.. pretty cool and most of them smell nice :) They were on sale, but still not cheap. I'm leaving the website up so the wife can look at it tomorrow.. Thanks Judi :)

A wonder product we've discovered since getting our birds is called "Poop Off" :p Spray it on, the poop's all gone :D Well, not exactly but it makes it very easy to wipe off :) We get it drsfostersmith.com ..

Jim

brewmaster15
12-08-2007, 04:09 AM
Thanks Judi,
We'll give it a try... we have been using "simple green" which is a great product for cleaning..and biodegradeable...but I really don't like the smell.... it also seems to trigger an asthma attack:( so options welcome.

-al

oodi
12-08-2007, 12:32 PM
Hi Jim,

This stuff works good for that too! I've never tried the bird specific products, so I have nothing to compare to.

Hi Al,

I remember the smell of Simple Green, and I wasn't real happy with it either. I think you'll be happier with the smells of this stuff. Also try the laundry detergent... I wish I had found it a long time ago, especially when my kids were young.

Judi
:)