PDA

View Full Version : Hydro Sponge question ?

seanyuki
12-10-2007, 06:31 PM
Just realized that using Hydro sponge need to have an air diffuser
cos I thought that just connect it by using the air tube and air pump.
http://www.jehmco.com/html/air_diffusers.html

Will it make big difference?

Cheers
Francis

alpine
12-10-2007, 06:58 PM
Francis, they say that using a difuser makes the Hydro sponge much more efficient. I just changed all my hydros to using a difuser and I can tell you it made my fishroom extremely Quiet !

roberto.

seanyuki
12-10-2007, 09:06 PM
Francis, they say that using a difuser makes the Hydro sponge much more efficient. I just changed all my hydros to using a difuser and I can tell you it made my fishroom extremely Quiet !

roberto.

Thanks Roberto,

Cheers
Francis

brewmaster15
12-10-2007, 09:33 PM
I used to use diffusers on the sponges....I don't anymore...just airlines , might have a few with diffusers..but not many at all. I also don't use the lift tubes any more.

-al

alxjss
12-10-2007, 09:34 PM
I used to use diffusers on the sponges....I don't anymore...just airlines , might have a few with diffusers..but not many at all. I also don't use the lift tubes any more.

-al

could u explain why Al?

brewmaster15
12-10-2007, 09:44 PM
Eileen,
I just don't think they are necessary for the way I stock and maintain my tanks... Lift tubes do increase the flow of water thru the sponge...but without them I think theres more than enough flow for my tanks....and I hate cleaning them.:)

So far...I think my discus agree.:) I'm not saying they are bad and people should not use them or don't need them.....I am just saying in my tanks I don't need them and so..I don't use them.

hth,
al

alpine
12-10-2007, 10:07 PM
:)

ArtOfFish
12-15-2007, 10:33 AM
most definitely very queit. I had a really strong pump that would make the water rock back and foward like the sea so with the diffuser it is much queiter and less commotion in the water.