PDA

View Full Version : Discus are cannibals lol

ArtOfFish
12-15-2007, 11:49 PM
:mad: so I have a nice pair that im trying succesfully breed I bought them of this guy who had pic of them with eggs and free swimming fry and he also said they only spawn about every 3 months so I thought cool I wont have to worry for a while. The guy wasnt a breeder so he said he never tried to keep the fry alive so as I brought them home NO JOKE they laid eggs 3 days later I know change of environment and water induces them to spawn but sheesh I wasnt prepared still setting up my work fish area so I was some what happy and the next day they ate them:mad: So now its 10 days later and they laid eggs again about 100 so I removed the parents and tried to put in my most loyal couple to try foster parenting needless to say the couple ate about 5 eggs before I could put the cage in:mad: These two have been my most successful pair never eating an egg or fry but im not sure I guess my luck is down then to make things worse after I put the cage up the female discus no joke ninja climbed in there and ate about 20 more eggs :mad: Sheesh I guess im going to have to try artificial rearing with the remaining 75 if nothing more goes wrong. This is the first time I have had this problem any suggestions? Anyone?:mad: