PDA

View Full Version : Camera out tonight

Jhill
12-18-2007, 08:48 PM
Hi all,
I thought I would have a glass of wine and take a few shots of the discus I have raised now for the last 11 months. This is not all but a few of them.
Just have to love these fish ;)

A Friend in discus
John

Tropical Haven
12-18-2007, 09:31 PM
Nice pictures, that room with the tanks looks like my family room. :D

fishmama
12-18-2007, 10:07 PM
Very nice! Looks like they are relaxed and happy...did they partake in the wine?! ;-)

AADiscus
12-18-2007, 10:08 PM
Must of been some very good wine.....your fish look really nice. ;)

William Palumbo
12-19-2007, 01:04 AM
Such clean tanks!...Nice fish too....I really like the bonsai. I used to do the same with mine in the fishroom...I would rotate the bonsai leaving each one in the fishroom a few days at a time, before I would remove it and show another one, except for the indoor ones, which do well under fish room lighting year round...they look good with discus...I miss my collection of bonsai. Bill

Jhill
12-19-2007, 08:00 AM
Very nice! Looks like they are relaxed and happy...did they partake in the wine?! ;-)

LOL! Yes couldn't you tell in the third pic, they all hit the bottom ;)

A Friend in discus
John

Jhill
12-19-2007, 08:05 AM
Such clean tanks!...Nice fish too....I really like the bonsai. I used to do the same with mine in the fishroom...I would rotate the bonsai leaving each one in the fishroom a few days at a time, before I would remove it and show another one, except for the indoor ones, which do well under fish room lighting year round...they look good with discus...I miss my collection of bonsai. Bill

Hi William,
Yes Bonsai is my first obsession. I sold all my indoor trees and only have this one left. Hope to get rid of it soon so I can spend more time with the fishies :)

http://www.bonsaibeginnings.org

I want to thank all of you for the kind words.
I am a beginner with discus but they have gotten me addicted for sure. I need more space for more tanks ;) Wish I had a basement.

A Friend in discus
John

Kindredspirit
12-19-2007, 10:15 AM
Are you sure those are real discus, John? Looks awful crisp and clean to me.....:D:D

They are beautiful shots!! What is your camera? Hell, what is your wine?

I would like that Bonsai plant please;) Oh, and is there a way that you can enlarge your avatar? I have been admiring it for a while now and I want to see it bigger.....! lol!

poconogal
12-19-2007, 12:42 PM
I'm with Marie... Beautiful shots, keep up the good work, John... and what is your wine?

alpine
12-19-2007, 07:30 PM
John, very nice. Thanks for sharing , the tree, the fish, the tanks...wow....

roberto.

fredox
12-19-2007, 07:48 PM
I think you have 2 of my favorite discus strains in that tank. I'd be more than happy to have examples that nice in my tank.

Jhill
12-19-2007, 09:43 PM
Are you sure those are real discus, John? Looks awful crisp and clean to me.....:D:D

They are beautiful shots!! What is your camera? Hell, what is your wine?

I would like that Bonsai plant please;) Oh, and is there a way that you can enlarge your avatar? I have been admiring it for a while now and I want to see it bigger.....! lol!

Hi Marie,
Thanks for the kind words, They look nicer after a couple glasses of Shiraz ;)
The camera I have is a Panosonic lumix fz20.
I would send you that tree but I don't think they will let me ship to California so sorry ;)
Marie you could have a few glasses of wine and maybe that avatar will grow on you. Nah just kidding, I looked to find it on my confuser but I must of deleted it or put it an a disk somewhere. I'll keep looking though.

A Friend discus
John

Jhill
12-19-2007, 09:47 PM
I'm with Marie... Beautiful shots, keep up the good work, John... and what is your wine?

Thank you so much Connie. I usually sip Sharaz or melot. (Yea sip) LOL!

Thanks Roberto, and frdox.

A Friend in discus
John

Darren's Discus
12-19-2007, 09:50 PM
John,
your fish look very happy and healthy,Looks like a nice set up you have,a great place to sit and watch and relax.

cheers

Jhill
12-20-2007, 04:22 PM
Hi Darren,
Thank you for the kind words. Yes this is my little world where I can get away and get rid of stress. I really love these fish and someday will have a building where I can have more tanks. I really enjoy the most watching them grow.

Merry Christmas and a enjoyable New Year to you and yours.
A Friend in discus
John

CODISCUS
12-25-2007, 01:36 PM
John,

The tanks look good! Keep up the good work. You souldn't have got rid of all your females. The fry would love you clean tanks.

Mike B

Kindredspirit
12-25-2007, 02:43 PM
Hi Marie,
Thanks for the kind words, .

You are most welcome, Sir...:D

I would send you that tree but I don't think they will let me ship to California so sorry ;)

What is it about Cali? No one will ship Formalin here either! But I still get it:)

Marie you could have a few glasses of wine and maybe that avatar will grow on you.
John

I have had enough Wine and Champagne to last all of next year thankyouverymuch, John!

I wish you could find that avatar! I so want to see it enlarged!

Jhill
12-25-2007, 09:14 PM
John,

The tanks look good! Keep up the good work. You souldn't have got rid of all your females. The fry would love you clean tanks.

Mike B

Thanks Mike,
Those fish look pretty good too hey? ;)
Yea I know I should of kept the females but I need more space for more tanks :) Maybe I will keep the females out of the last batch I got from you.
Thanks again Mike and I will probably see you this week sometime and pick up a tank ;)

A Friend in discus
John

Jhill
12-25-2007, 09:17 PM
You are most welcome, Sir...:D

What is it about Cali? No one will ship Formalin here either! But I still get it:)

I have had enough Wine and Champagne to last all of next year thankyouverymuch, John!

I wish you could find that avatar! I so want to see it enlarged!

Hi Marie,
Just that Cali doesn't like plants coming in I guess.
You can't have enough wine Marie ;) I tried to find that ariginal avatar but could not find yet maybe in my other confuser.

A Friend in discus
John