PDA

View Full Version : Who Currently Has the Best Discus For sale?

MSD
12-29-2007, 06:11 PM
Hi, just wondering who has the best internet discus for sale, there are so many dealers I'd like to get some opinions. I know the sponsors are all good but not all have current stock. Include gabe posada, GLD, Kenny's, Rocky Mount., Gywnbrook, etc.

brewmaster15
12-29-2007, 06:20 PM
Thats really a tough question to answer....You'd probably be better off wording it...who have you had the best personal experiences with and what strains did you get..:)

What "stock" are you looking for?

-al

April
12-29-2007, 06:22 PM
true. they all carry different stuff. depending what selection you are looking for.
theres others on here also who do the homegrown stuff. jack of discus kc and angela and andrew..or brew..all home raise. cary also..

berrybear
12-29-2007, 06:24 PM
try angelfishouse299 she has some beautiful discus :)

MSD
12-29-2007, 07:39 PM
I should point out I have called and spoken to most of these sellers, they are so nice and helpful with DiscusKC my personal favorite, he is a one-of-a-kind outstanding human being. My purpose with this post is to kind of consolidate a blog of good sellers since that is one of the first questions we ask. I am like a newbie now, I have been in and out of the hobby for years, my first discus were Wattley babies I sent away to Jack for that were about the size of a dime and brown, I was furious!!!! I had ordered turquoise and 3" size, even then , about 1983, and they were $40 dollars or so a piece.

andy81
12-30-2007, 08:06 AM
try angelfishouse299 she has some beautiful discus :)

yes she does and very easy to work with, check out her ebay store, its usaully buy 3 or more and shipping is free.

Elite Aquaria
12-30-2007, 08:21 AM
Like Al said that is a very tough question to answer...

Like you I purchased some fish directly from Jack back in 1992. I hand pick them and they were only dime size. Since I knew
Jack he gave me a break and only charged me $25 per fish.

I have also hand picked fish from Gabe...

Kenny has some fantastic fish if you are looking for new strain types from the far east.

Although I have never purchased fish from Jack, I have had some conversations with him via PM's and he seems like a very sincere breeder.

Al...well no need to say anything here...although I may be "Dan The Man" Al is "DA MAN"...:D

Discus-Hans
12-31-2007, 02:27 AM
yes she does and very easy to work with, check out her ebay store, its usaully buy 3 or more and shipping is free.

Linda is a very nice Lady and great to work with,

Hans

Dolphin Dip
12-31-2007, 07:42 PM
contrarily, i purchased 6 jack wattley discus at the 3" size from a distrubutor in cali. [5 turqoise, 1 red spot snake skin] all are doing very well and were of appropriate size. and while i have no experience buying from kenny and al, i am looking forward to getting some of their fish after my cousin comes back and picks up his fish i'm taking care of for him.