PDA

View Full Version : "Prazipro"

bigfish
01-04-2008, 11:47 AM
Hi Folks,
One of my tanks has an outbreak of "Planaria" a tank that holds young stock,my
guess is i have been overfeeding!! adding more food , to grow on the smaller discus.
I do plenty water changes, and filters are cleaned regulary , has anyone had success
with "Prazipro" have heard its good at killing those Planaria!! any info would be
appreciated.
Thanks
Ben.

Diamond Discus
01-04-2008, 12:01 PM
Planaria are harmless. I'd up the water changes.

RickMay1
01-04-2008, 12:12 PM
I agree, don't worry too much about the Planaria just do some major water changes, and cut back on how much your feeding, or increase the amount of water changes and continue to feed like your doing. The Planaria are not something that you need to fix, what you need to fix is what is causing the Planaria.

bigfish
01-04-2008, 06:30 PM
Hi,
Sue , RickMay1, thanks for replies, think i have been overfeeding on
the "Beefheart" will up those water changes.
Ben.

Apistomaster
01-05-2008, 03:04 PM
Beef heart, fed too much at a time, really encourage the planarians.

Feed it in smaller amounts each time. Next time you make some up try to minimize the amount of water and add a lot of freeze dried blood worms. The blood worms should be folded in after blending. They do three good things:
1 Absorb excess water
2 Act as fiber reinforcing, improves cohesion and impact resistance without increasing the binder.
3. Imparts roughage and nutrition to the mix.

"Looser" mixes disperse too readily.

dawncollette
01-07-2008, 07:57 AM
ich meds kill planaria

Tropical Haven
01-07-2008, 10:21 AM
I would not treat discus with medication if you don't have too. Just cut back feedings and increase water changes and you will get rid of them.