PDA

View Full Version : Blue Diamond Question ?

BSW
01-12-2008, 07:53 AM
I'm looking into getting some Blue Diamonds.
Is there a "bluer" solid blue ? (sp?)
I've heard the names Sapphire, Brilliant, Blue Knight, etc....
What is the bluest variety ?
Do they have to be specially fed to be deep blue ?
Thanks -
B

brewmaster15
01-12-2008, 08:31 AM
Hi B,
Some blue diamonds are going to have a deeper blue than others....I would shop for them by color and photo if you are looking for a particular color....don't trust the particular marketing names... they can be very misleading.

hth,
al

BSW
01-13-2008, 05:50 AM
Thanks Al -
B

AADiscus
01-14-2008, 08:41 PM
Blue diamonds are a hard fish to take pictures of. IMO The camera never shows the true color of the fish. Make sure you buy from a reputable breeder and ask for pictures of the parents and the fry when you are inquiry to anyone.

BSW
01-15-2008, 08:45 AM
Thank you too AA
These are Forrest's fish, so they should be o.k.
I've noticed that the pics of BD's vary A LOT too. Could be camera, light, or the fish !
Even if they don't grow up to be the bluest fish, I feel like comming from that source, they will be good ones.
B

Mick B
01-15-2008, 09:27 AM
Thank you too AA
These are Forrest's fish, so they should be o.k.
I've noticed that the pics of BD's vary A LOT too. Could be camera, light, or the fish !
Even if they don't grow up to be the bluest fish, I feel like comming from that source, they will be good ones.
B

Hi BSW,

You may also like to find and view, what we (UK) call cobalt blues or solid blues, very similar, but deeper blue (IMO).

I know:angel: they are not BD's but you may like em anyway???

Cheers, Mick B

GulfCoastDiscus
01-15-2008, 09:32 AM
The Blue Sapphire is an out crossed from a Blue Diamonds. It suppose to carry a deeper blue and finer scales as adults. :)