PDA

View Full Version : Looking from the inside out

two utes
01-15-2008, 04:04 AM
While feeding my discus live brine shrimp today, l thought l would take a small video clip with a twist.:idea2:
Yep, l decided to put my camera in the tank. It is a water proof camera up to 10 metres, and the discus where not phased by it for a minute.
I am using a short peice of air line to suck small amounts of brine shrimp from the glass into the tank.
This is the view my discus have. Huh!:crazy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQ8etpaXf0g

Mick B
01-15-2008, 04:38 AM
Excellent, now I know, how they can see me visit the freezer!
(Where their food is!).

Clinically clean tank:) and a nice smile when they accept your offerings, great.

Thanks, appreciated that, cheers, mick B:)

barramundi
01-15-2008, 06:00 AM
Nice 1 Joe,
I have always wanted to know what they could see from the inside of the tank, now i know. The discus are looking nice and heathly in the video and what a smart way to feed them shrimp.

John

Diamond Discus
01-15-2008, 07:07 AM
Very cute video, I enjoyed it! The discus look healthy and happy!!

renae
01-15-2008, 07:07 AM
Oh that was cool!!!
juvies are looking very good...too good LOL...seriously you are doing a great job with them Joe,they are growing fast and are beautiful.:)

fishmama
01-15-2008, 08:02 AM
That was fun..never would have thought to do that!:D

Kindredspirit
01-15-2008, 08:14 AM
Joe! You are a nut! Whatever gave you such an idea? I liked it a lot! Those discus look so healthy and very content.;) You are a very nice looking man as well!:D

Elite Aquaria
01-15-2008, 08:24 AM
Joe,

That was awesome...I could tell from the look on your face that you are very passionate about your fish....Great Job and the fish look fantastic.

poconogal
01-15-2008, 08:33 AM
Great video! I really enjoyed seeing things from that perspective! Thanks for posting it.

brewmaster15
01-15-2008, 09:14 AM
That was great Joe...neat idea...:( what I really liked was when the discus got between you and the camera...its a very different perspective....

WTG!
-al

NanDiscus
01-15-2008, 09:29 AM
Nice one, Joe!
The only thing is, that the fish might be wondering why that bloke keeps blowing into a tube while they are eating. And only then. :)

Anyway, I was thinking about a DIY version of it, building a small glass cube around my webcam. I never really believed, that it would work, so, as a consequence, I haven't even built it (yet).
Nice fish and nice artemia!

Nandi

phidelt85
01-15-2008, 02:04 PM
Joe, that was way too cool! Wow, so my fish can see my ugly mug, huh? No wonder they freak out :D, I would too if some big afroed dude was coming at me. :D :D

Totally cool video :thumbsup:

thang45
01-15-2008, 02:50 PM
Very cool. :):)

KJoFan
01-15-2008, 02:56 PM
Neat idea Joe! That is certainly putting us in the middle of the action! :) Your fish are really looking great, any idea how much they've grown since you got them? Nice job. :)

two utes
01-15-2008, 05:20 PM
Thank you all for all your kind and encourageing comments. Especially you Marie:kiss:...I'm a nice looking nut:laugh::laugh::laugh:
I too have always wondered what it would look like from the inside out, and happen to have the right equipment to have l go. I simply turned the camera on and started filming, and placed it on top of one of the sponge filters. The fish really did'n mind it being there at all.:)
Karren like yourself and the other challengers, l have noticed my fish growing, but since we see them all the time we really don't notice so much. A bit like raising our own kids. When l compare them with photos from the begining, I think that they have grown heaps!. Hopefully on their one month anniversary. I will put a measuring tape on a couple of them. I think one is around the 3 inch mark now.
Thanks again to all for your comments.:D:D:D

Kindredspirit
01-15-2008, 05:30 PM
Especially you Marie:kiss:...I'm a nice looking nut:laugh::laugh::laugh:

:D:D

Ardan
01-15-2008, 07:52 PM
Very cool video:):)
the discus look outstanding:):):) and nice to see you too:)

thanks for sharing

Ardan

alxjss
01-15-2008, 10:09 PM
Joe, that was awesome! Great idea. I agree w/Marie also. Nice looking nut. lol. Ur fish look excellent. Keep up the good work.;)

Darren's Discus
01-15-2008, 10:25 PM
Joe,
that was an excellent idea,very innovative !what's next fish cam,strap one to their little heads ! you have raised the bar for video's,look's like it's not only growing discus challenge but also finding the best way to show them off ! mate they look like they are doing great,keep up the good work.

cheers

Ben75
01-15-2008, 11:47 PM
Joe ,
As everyone has already said, thats a great clip with a twist.
Your fish are looking great keep up the good work.
Regards,

Trog
01-16-2008, 12:02 AM
Great idea Joe!.. Your juveniles are looking great! Thanks for posting!

GrillMaster
01-17-2008, 01:21 PM
No wonder my turks were skiddish!! I just saw thier perspective on things lookin at me! I never thought that might have been a factor...:shocked2:

Thanks for clearin that up for me! :D

Fish are lookin great Joe!! :thumbsup:

tc
Mark

pcsb23
01-18-2008, 12:55 PM
Brilliant Joe. :D

Armandi_Fishcarer
01-31-2008, 08:23 PM
Cool vid :)

If you cut out bits of the vid from the start & when your feeding, it would look as though your in their with them :)

Regards Armandi ;)

katt-ja
01-31-2008, 11:40 PM
your videos are awesome :)