PDA

View Full Version : spawning with fry

dogday7
01-22-2008, 10:14 PM
I have a pair of discus with 3 day free swimming fry,but they are starting to spawn again, right now. Would it help to remove the eggs when they are finished spawning to save the fry????
Please some one reply quickly,

Ty, John

Elite Aquaria
01-22-2008, 10:19 PM
John,

How many fry do you have? Call me if you need help 954.385.9106

Rod
01-24-2008, 03:07 AM
Hi John,

There are a few options worth considering

1. Seperate the pair, one with the new eggs, the other with the fry.

2. Cage the eggs and allow a cpl more days freeswimming with the pair before you pull the fry. Hopefully they will be big enough before the eggs hatch.

3. Wipe the eggs

4. remove the fry and artificially raise them.

5. Do nothing and hope they raise both batches.

I've tried every method and they may all work, but i prefer method 1 & 3 because they will give you your best chances of success.

HTH

Rod:)

Elite Aquaria
01-24-2008, 09:01 AM
Rod,

John and I discussed all those over the phone the other day. He mentioned that he did not care about the eggs...So I had him remove the breeding cone. I just got a PM yesterday that the fry were doing fine. I told him to start to feed with BBS today so he can get them ready to remove before they spawn next week...:D I love this Hobby another successful hobbyist...

Rod
01-24-2008, 02:38 PM
Rod,

John and I discussed all those over the phone the other day. He mentioned that he did not care about the eggs...So I had him remove the breeding cone. I just got a PM yesterday that the fry were doing fine. I told him to start to feed with BBS today so he can get them ready to remove before they spawn next week...:D I love this Hobby another successful hobbyist...

WTG Dan, i reacon John has made a good choice and it's great to hear that it has worked for him.

John, Congratulations and good luck with the fry. We'll need updates as they grow! :D