PDA

View Full Version : ANYBODY EXPERIENCED WITH THIS?

ionas.simion.damian
01-28-2008, 12:15 PM
i just started an 115 gallon and i used pool filter sand. it s called lighthouse pool filter sand and the water is a bit milky . and i m affraid to put the fish in . ph 6.6 temp 84 thanks

judy
01-28-2008, 01:13 PM
You will be cycling the tank before you add fish, won't you? The cycle normally takes six weeks.
That milky stuff is likely just residue your filters will pull out, or that will settle to the bottom ver a few days.

ionas.simion.damian
01-28-2008, 01:42 PM
CAN U GIVE ME SOME IDEEA REGARDING THE CHEMICALS SHOULD I USE . CARBON ? PURIGEN? BEFORE ADDING THE DISCUS? OR SOME LINKS TOFOR CYCLING THE TANKL. I ALSO HAVE DISCUS IN MY OTHER TANK. CAN I USE THE CERAMIC RINGS FROM IT TO POPULATE WITH BACTERIA THE NEW ONE?

C_of_Discus
01-28-2008, 01:49 PM
Did you rinse the pool sand before putting it into your tank?

Do water changes until you clear up the water.

i would put the filter from the new tank on your existing tank for a week or 2 to get it seeded. Then place it on your new tank and that should help get the cycling started.

good luck.

ionas.simion.damian
01-28-2008, 02:20 PM
THANK U . I WASHED IT PRETTY GOOD AND 2 DAYS AGO I EMPTIED THE TANK AND AD NEW WATER AND IT WAS CLEAN ALL DAY BUT THIS MORNING WAS A LITTLE CLOUDED. BUT NOT AS BAD AS BEFORE.