PDA

View Full Version : Are these Female/Male ??

markstr
01-30-2008, 12:48 AM
I know not a fool proof method but Looking Closely at the Dorsal
fin.. I see a difference..
Just wanted to get some feedback. They have been pecking
alot on the Intake tube and Prefilter .........
Was thinking of getting a Cone in there.. These are a little over
a yr. now..:confused:

alexander116
01-30-2008, 03:59 AM
Very nice discus:) First of all there is no 100% method of sexing discus. The only way to know is when they actually spawn because sometimes there are two females who act as a pair and they do all the runs but with no eggs being fertilized or you will see both of them laying eggs. But from the pics it seems to be 2 females but i won't discourage you and let the others on this forum have their word. If possible plz post a few more pics.

dpt8
01-30-2008, 10:00 AM
Whatever they are, send them to me !! Beautiful !! Best bet is to buy a couple more adults and after quaranteen procedures, put them all together. At least you will know their sex and can see if they pair up or you could at least force pair them once you know their sex. I really don't see a huge difference in the dorsal fins. Did you see the pic of the pair of discus Dan ( Gulfcoast Discus) posted.. Who would have picked the fish on the right to be the female !!???

AADiscus
01-30-2008, 04:45 PM
I was thinking two males. But you still never know.

markstr
01-30-2008, 04:59 PM
I thought you would more likely see the female starting to Clean/ Peck .
I see some Fluttering going on as well while Cleaning by one at least and they will brush
up against one another sometimes.. I have another adult that I might throw into the mix
just to see what happens..