PDA

View Full Version : Submergable Heater

richmond5
02-01-2008, 11:32 AM
All the current heaters are advertised to be submersible. Make sense, heat rises. For the last 5 to 6 years , I gone through average 4 to 5 heater lasted average 11/2 to 2 years because of water got into the control section. You can actually see the condensation inside the heater, H2O and electronic don't mix too well. I need feedback on the subject and recommendation on products are truly designed to be submersible, thank!

Organic Farmer
02-01-2008, 12:09 PM
www.jehmco.com offers titanum heaters with controllers.Ive found them much easier to set,more accurate and no worries about them sticking on.Titanums are also better sealed so no more condensation within the heater.Ive found them to be worth the investment. Tom

jnguyen4007
02-12-2008, 10:36 AM
All the current heaters are advertised to be submersible. Make sense, heat rises. For the last 5 to 6 years , I gone through average 4 to 5 heater lasted average 11/2 to 2 years because of water got into the control section. You can actually see the condensation inside the heater, H2O and electronic don't mix too well. I need feedback on the subject and recommendation on products are truly designed to be submersible, thank!

I use jaeger heaters exclusively. Had relatives who still using theirs after 20 years.