PDA

View Full Version : autopsy

alxjss
02-02-2008, 08:24 AM
Hi all. I am gonna euthanize my sick guy. Been since early Sept that he has been sick. Tried everything. NO GO! So, does anyone no where i can send this guy to find out what was wrong w/him. I really want to no. Can someone help me? Does anyone here on the forum do this?

jeep
02-02-2008, 08:14 PM
Sorry, but anyone willing to do an autopsy will want a live specimen...

Wahter
02-02-2008, 09:43 PM
Hi all. I am gonna euthanize my sick guy. Been since early Sept that he has been sick. Tried everything. NO GO! So, does anyone no where i can send this guy to find out what was wrong w/him. I really want to no. Can someone help me? Does anyone here on the forum do this?

If you're in Michigan, you probably can contact MSU's college of veterinary medicine (http://cvm.msu.edu/) and have them do an exam or necropsy. They will need the fish to be alive though. Once I took some discus in to NC State's veterinary school for an exam and they found the fish had contracted Vibrio alginolyticus.

Hope that helps,

Walter

kaceyo
02-03-2008, 02:50 PM
Hey Walter,
Did they charge you for the exam? Or does anyone know if University's generaly charge for that service?
Thanks,

Kacey

Wahter
02-09-2008, 04:33 PM
Hey Walter,
Did they charge you for the exam? Or does anyone know if University's generaly charge for that service?
Thanks,

Kacey

The exam was $75.00 and the lab fee for the necropsy was I think an additional $50.00.

HTH,

Walter