PDA

View Full Version : Update on SE x FFS cross 2-9-08

kaceyo
02-09-2008, 05:43 PM
Here are the latest pics of my homegrowns. I had posted them elsewhere but it took me awhile to get them downsized so they'd fit here. They are 7 mo old in the pics and some are up to 6" total length.
Personally, I like 'em. Hope you do too.

Kacey

kaceyo
02-09-2008, 05:45 PM
These are the only two of my homegrown SE's I could get to hold still long enough for a pic.

Kacey

Tropical Haven
02-09-2008, 06:40 PM
Very nice looking discus Kacey!!! I like the SE's. :D

Diamond Discus
02-09-2008, 06:44 PM
They are beautiful, you should be proud of them! Great job!

pcsb23
02-09-2008, 07:14 PM
Personally, I like 'em. Hope you do too.

Kacey
Nah, you'd better send them to me, maybe I can do something with them :D

Seriously though, you're doing a great job there, I do like them, lots!! Looks like the bar just got lifted another notch :bandana:

Darren's Discus
02-09-2008, 11:25 PM
Kacey,
they look awesome showing great colour and spotting,if i were closer i would definately get some for my tanks !

cheers

GrillMaster
02-10-2008, 01:19 PM
Awsome job Kacey!! I hope mine grow out as nice as yours have! :)

tc
Mark

kaceyo
02-10-2008, 04:06 PM
Thanks for your encouraging words. It really means alot to me. I couldn't have done as well with them as I have without the help of the folks here at Simply and elsewhere.
Paul, you in particuler have helped me through some difficult times and I thank you for that.

Kacey

Rod
02-11-2008, 10:37 PM
Seriously nice discus alright, well done Kacey. :)

Kenny's Discus
02-12-2008, 03:25 AM
Kacey, very nice looking spotteds you have there. You might have liked them but I LOVE them! Thanks for sharing your hard work and beautiful end product.:)

Kenny

kaceyo
02-12-2008, 04:11 PM
Thanks Kenny. I'm glad you love them. As you know, it does take alot of time and effort to turn little flea size wrigglers into big beautiful discus. But it's worth every second of it.
I'm very pleased with the way this cross has turned out so I bred the same female SE with an even nicer FFS male and they are about 1.5" right now. I'm debating breeding a female offspring from first spawn (above) back to dad, a FFS, to bring out more spots on gills and face, or to breed two siblings together and see what they produce. Any ideas?

Kacey

Anthony
02-12-2008, 11:58 PM
Kacey, Those discus are gorgeous i love them too, great to see your homegrown discus. Passion & hardwork do always get good result. Great work input ! ;)

kaceyo
02-13-2008, 01:35 PM
Anthony, Thanks so much for your kind words. Your own fish are also very impressive and you have many more to take care of than I do. I'm only trying to keep up with breeders like you.

Kacey

ed8t
02-13-2008, 02:43 PM
Those are nice looking beauties, must be very satisfying looking in your tank and knowing that they're homegrown.

kaceyo
02-13-2008, 04:40 PM
Those are nice looking beauties, must be very satisfying looking in your tank and knowing that they're homegrown.

:)

Anthony
02-13-2008, 08:55 PM
Anthony, Thanks so much for your kind words. Your own fish are also very impressive and you have many more to take care of than I do. I'm only trying to keep up with breeders like you.

Kacey

Kacey, I so impress & shamful from ur nice compliment to me. In fact I still learning at time :o, I have doubt if i have more time to them cos I traveling alot now a day due to business trips.:) who know 1 fine day may somebody would pay for the flight chargers them I will keep them inform to get you some free at my homegrown Alenquer Red......what say you :D

kaceyo
02-14-2008, 03:55 PM
[QUOTE=Anthony;439481 who know 1 fine day may somebody would pay for the flight chargers them I will keep them inform to get you some free at my homegrown Alenquer Red......what say you :D[/QUOTE]
That sounds like a good plan, my friend. We can do some trading maybe?

Kacey

Anthony
02-14-2008, 11:40 PM
That sounds like a good plan, my friend. We can do some trading maybe?

Kacey

Sure will do my friend, is my pleasure. Maybe u PM me how may we be start ... ok ? ;)