PDA

View Full Version : Pale Fish and Hiding

katt-ja
02-17-2008, 11:16 AM
I purchased 6 discus(4 are 3-4" and 2 are just under 3" i think) 2 weeks ago and 5 are all doing great, eating, exploring, no sign of stress of sickness.
But there is one(one of the smaller ones) that is hiding 75% of the time. It comes out to eat but gets spooked easily and then will go back to hide and in the last couple of days it has gotten a lot paler in colour, most likely from not eating a whole lot.

Any ideas on what i could do?

katt-ja
02-19-2008, 12:02 AM
no comments? :P

White Worm
02-19-2008, 03:23 AM
Kinda hard to say. Keep the water clean and keep the food coming. It may come around. It may also be the low man in the social order. Raise the temp to 88. Make sure your tank parameters are good. It may just take time to settle.

katt-ja
02-19-2008, 09:28 PM
ok thanks. i just wanted to know if it was early signs of being sick.

dawncollette
02-21-2008, 03:50 AM
hi, are you sure that it is still eating, make sure that it is not spitting out it's food and the other discus are not picking on it. Also check the feces and see what color it is.....try to spend more time feeding them by hand and such since they are new fish it make just take more time for it to get used to you. Mine recognize me and will follow me around the room. If I go by our front door they all go to that side of the aquarium to watch what I am doing. It's awesome how discus know their owners.
Good luck and keep us posted.

katt-ja
02-21-2008, 06:22 PM
ok so it has been 2 weeks and 5 days since i got my discus and the little shy one is almost back to full colouration and pecking back at the others instead of just cowaring in a corner. so i think it will be ok :)
also when i came home from work they were already hanging around the front and center of the tank. i'm so happy they are happy now!