PDA

View Full Version : My first D.O.A discus

majik
02-20-2008, 11:06 PM
I ordered the last two electric dreams my importer of tony tan discus had(i have 1 and had hoped to breed)They arrived this morning and the shock when both were dead was horible i have never recieved discus that didnt make it.
After recovering a little i rummaged around in the polybox to find....No heat pad..... im devistated that these deaths could of been avoided im trying not to be cross with the importer as we all make mistakes and forget things but im still sad:(

greyhoundfan
02-20-2008, 11:17 PM
kudos to you for your understanding. I see a lot of these threads go south FAST! Sorry about the DOAs.

majik
02-21-2008, 03:33 AM
thanks we are all only human its just a shame to loose beautiful fish. I buried them tonight i just couldnt bring myself to bury them this morning as i kept thinking i dont want them to be dead i want them to be alive lol.im nearly over it :)

dawncollette
02-21-2008, 04:29 AM
did you contact the importer????? I hope he makes them good and realizes he killed those two discus. sorry for the loss. I've received DOA's before and raced home 90 mph from FED EX trying to save fish Cary sent me..that were in horrible shape after most of their water and air leaked out of bags handled improperly by fed ex......of 8 fish I ordered and he shipped, Only 1 made it...so I know how you feel.
dawn

majik
02-21-2008, 05:02 AM
Hi Dawn yes i did contact him and he was only 2happy to make good on the loss.Unfortunately the only fish he had left were not the type i wanted and the others are still in quarenteen so he will credit me the price off my rose reds and red passion.
I hadnt ever lost a fish in transit before and it was such a shock .
Im sorry you have experenced this loss also its sad that they didnt have to die.

happygirl65
02-26-2008, 04:00 PM
My condolences for your loss. :(

t_j
02-26-2008, 04:11 PM
I am so sorry to ear that:(:( But I hope these other two are shipped better and they work out for the best even though they are not the ones you wanted. Best of luck to you!!!:o

majik
02-26-2008, 04:27 PM
My condolences for your loss. :(
Hi there happygirl thanks it was just the shock of opening the box to find.........im over it now id never lost a fish in tranzit but i guess theres always a first for everything

majik
02-26-2008, 04:30 PM
I am so sorry to ear that:(:( But I hope these other two are shipped better and they work out for the best even though they are not the ones you wanted. Best of luck to you!!!:o

hi there thanks im sure there will be more electric dreams come my way in the future, the next lot are a group of 6 fish 3 red passion and 3 rose red im getting very excited about them,the upside of making mistakes is that they dont usually happen twice,well i hope not:)