PDA

View Full Version : Help please!

Muzammil
02-21-2008, 02:16 PM
Hi!

One of my discus (2 inch) has got a water bubble like thing on his skin near the stomach!:confused: There are no other signs of illness, i.e no feces problem, no apetite problem. He is eating well and growing also. But 2 days back I just saw that water bubble!

I dont know what caused that and how to cure? That bubble is growing day by day!:confused: Does any of you guys know about this?
Any help will be appreciated.

Muzammil

White Worm
02-21-2008, 02:22 PM
I pic would really help in this case.

pcsb23
02-21-2008, 05:23 PM
Muzammil, is it a blister?

Muzammil
02-22-2008, 09:17 AM
Muzammil, is it a blister?

Yes, you are absolutely right! Today, it was slightly bigger than yesterday!:confused: I really have no idea what caused that and how to treat that?

Muzammil

pcsb23
02-22-2008, 11:01 AM
Only one blister? Is on or very near to the lateral line? Have you removed the fish from the water and lightly pressed on this blister? Did anything happen, like a clicking sound when you do so? What do the eyes look like and any probs with any scales? Is the stomach normal sized?

Sorry for the questions, just trying to pin things down.

Muzammil
02-22-2008, 01:55 PM
Only one blister? Is on or very near to the lateral line? Have you removed the fish from the water and lightly pressed on this blister? Did anything happen, like a clicking sound when you do so? What do the eyes look like and any probs with any scales? Is the stomach normal sized?

Sorry for the questions, just trying to pin things down.

1-Yes, only one blister.
2-Is the lateral line is the straight one? sorry, I dont know much about that:o
3-No, I haven't removed the fish from the water. I just pressed the blister slightly while the fish was in the water.
4-Nothing happened.
5-No probs with eyes and scales.
6-Yesterday night, I saw some bloat but cleared till morning. I fed him twice and he eat alot and again got bloated...?? Might be overfeeding?? I am sure that bloat will be cleared after a few hours. And he will be ready for the next meal!

Muzammil

pcsb23
02-22-2008, 04:44 PM
The lateral line runs basically the nose, in a curve over the gill then straight down the mid part of the body to the tail.

It really is very difficult to offer advice I am confident in. It could be a few things still. Including dropsy or a swim bladder problem.

Muzammil
02-23-2008, 10:59 AM
The lateral line runs basically the nose, in a curve over the gill then straight down the mid part of the body to the tail.

It really is very difficult to offer advice I am confident in. It could be a few things still. Including dropsy or a swim bladder problem.

Thanks for the info, the blister is not near or on the lateral line. It's on the abdominal belly or stomach.

Is there any relation between a blister and dropsy or swimbladder? I did not feed the fish today, and I didnot see any sign of constipation or odd swimming behaviour.
I also removed the fish from water and slightly press the blister but nothing happened. Fish is swimming ok and ready to eat!

One more thing, does the blister continous to grow? What cause that? and what should I do now?

Muzammil

pcsb23
02-23-2008, 11:11 AM
There is a relation as to where the blister grows and it's possible causes. Along the lateral line can be dropsy/popeye, if they are elsewhere and click or crack when pressed then it can be swim bladder related. These symptoms are rarely present in these diseases ime, but as a blister is present that was why I asked.

As the fish looks and behaves normally, other than this blister, I would do either nothing and see what happens, or treat the blister with some iodine. Use a Qtip or a cotton bud and dip it in the iodine then, wipe the blister with a paper twoel and dab with the iodine. Don't get the iodine in the gills or the eyes or mouth of the fish.

Muzammil
02-23-2008, 11:52 AM
May I use hydrogen per oxide? Actually, I currently have H2O2 not the iodine.

Thanks a bunch! for your advice!
I was getting worried because I am afraid if that would grow big? A few months back, I saw a discus in lfs having almost the same problem but that was not looking like a small blister but a polythene bag filled with water hanging out the belly!!! She was kept there for spending her remaining days of life!

Thanks alot!
Muzammil

pcsb23
02-23-2008, 12:33 PM
H2O2 may do it. I have to be honest and say I do not know what this is or could be. Hopefully it will recover.

Muzammil
02-25-2008, 02:51 PM
Hello Paul! The blister gone away.:D

Yesterday, when I was going to dab the fish with H2O2, I noticed that the blister has been reduced to half. So, I did not do any thing and today it was all gone!:D Thank God it was not serious!

But I would say Thankyou to you for your kind help:)

Muzammil

pcsb23
02-26-2008, 05:44 PM
Good news, glad it worked out ok :D