PDA

View Full Version : fish not acting right.

Joander123
02-21-2008, 09:58 PM
Hey all, i just moved 2 of my fish from the community tank into there own tank (they were spawning in the community tank). Both appeared very healthy, but now one is not acting so good. Laying on its side, and swimming funny.

My first thought was acclimation went bad, but i used a sponge from the original community tank, as well as a mix of water from the community tank, and RO. They were realistically just going from one source of water to another that was the same. All of the numbers should have been the same, all i did was float the bags to even out temperature and released.

Hopefully its just stress, to try to cut down on the stress i have turned out the tank lights and room lights.

Just wanted to see if any of you guys might have any other advice?

brewmaster15
02-22-2008, 11:44 AM
Hi Jay,
Sounds like stress from the move....how are they today?

-al

Joander123
02-22-2008, 12:27 PM
thanks al, a good deal better. Just a few frayed fins from the move i think
(god they are strong fish). Still a little stressed i think, and not quite ready to eat.. but they look great.

You think its necessary to add a breeding cone or something? They have just been laying eggs on the side of the tank, but i'm debating.

AADiscus
02-22-2008, 12:55 PM
Just a quick ? If you moved these fish from your community tank to there own tank, how did they end up bags?

Joander123
02-22-2008, 01:57 PM
own tank was in another room. Probably like 75-100 yards away. I didnt want to just carry them in a net that far. So i bagged them and floated them for about 20 minutes and released.