PDA

View Full Version : Adding meds to your food

wilddiscuss
02-27-2008, 04:26 PM
I was curious as if it is possible to add meds to blackworms? If so how much do you add? Just stir some up? Or is it only in flakes or bits? If so how much to that?

Thanks,
Todd

brewmaster15
02-27-2008, 04:58 PM
Todd,
Many people have reported good success soaking Blackworms and frzn Blood worms in meds... Problem is its really tough to know how much meds got into the worms and if some did...how do you know how much a particular fish in the tank ate? Its not something I would recommend...too little of a med can make matters worse by creating resistant pathogens.

what med are you thinking about dosing and why?

-al

wilddiscuss
02-27-2008, 05:28 PM
None at this time. I am just curious as to how it can be done for or if there is a need for it in the future. My fish are still rubbing a lot after the 7 days of treatment with Neomycin. But I did just find out about my PH bounce after aging the water. So I hope with future water changes with aged water will cure that. But still my largest discus I have not seen eat once yet and it's been over 2 weeks. I'm worried about him. I can't get any of the fish to eat flakes or bits... only live blackworms. But the big guy I haven't seen eat those either. It's like he's scared of the food and hides when I drop them in the tank. It's weird. I hope he eats soon.

Todd