PDA

View Full Version : BD-Red streak on fin

subcooler
02-29-2008, 12:39 AM
I've pleased to have been able to avoid any new post in this section for a little while!
I went away on vacation for 8 days-no problems!
Yesterday I noticed a red streak on the dorsal fin of a Blue Diamond?
This has me puzzled (I find many things do with discus)!
I'm not filling out the disease questionarre yet-as other fish in tank(5 discus & 2 cory's-50g. tank)are all fine,all eating,good color,etc.
Water parameters are good(Ammo & Nitrite: 0, Nitrates: 5ppm).
Daily 30-40% W/C's
The fish BD is very active & looks fine except this rogue red streak appearing from nowhere.
I tried to post pic-trouble resizing it to forum limit.
I'll continue to work on resizing pic.
Any ideas on what this could be?
Anyone wanna offer a alternate e-mail address to send full size pic to? (send a PM)
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Rob

pcsb23
03-01-2008, 07:47 PM
Rob, where does the streak startand end? does it start from the body or root of the fin?

Don Trinko
03-01-2008, 08:24 PM
Sometimes young fish will have coloration not present in the adults. My DB's had color in the fins and body occasionaly but as they matured they are now all blue. The main thing is to look closely and see if it is just coloration or some kind of problem. A picture might help our local guru's diagnose if it's coloration or a problem, Don T.

subcooler
03-02-2008, 12:30 AM
Don & Paul,
Thanks for the replies!
The red streak doesn't start @ the body(it's about a 1/4 " up from body & runs to the end of the dorsal fin).It seems to be only one of the rays(hope that's the proper term) that make up the dorsal fin.
I'll try & get a resized pic posted tommorrow.
Thanks for any input you may have!
Rob