PDA

View Full Version : eheim Automatic feeder - sploosh!!

Riche_guy
03-24-2008, 10:36 AM
For the third or perhaps fourth time, I've dropped my feeder into my tank!! :o:o I pulled it out dried with a towel and used a hair dryer to dry the inside. All that food got wet. The next day it was working once Again!!! :D:D

alpine
03-24-2008, 12:08 PM
Richie, I use velcro and attach to glass cover. it stays pretty good. never had a problem as of yet.

Roberto

LizStreithorst
03-24-2008, 12:14 PM
I dump mine in regurlarly. The wasted food bothers the heck out of me but the feeders themselves always seem to dry out and work again. I've used blue painter's tape to hold mine on in the past. I need to start using it again...just dumped a feeder again the other day.

LizStreithorst
03-24-2008, 12:56 PM
Would you believe that after writing the above post I proceeded to dump another? Now where's that blue tape?

korbi_doc
03-24-2008, 02:26 PM
:p Velcro!!

Riche_guy
03-24-2008, 05:25 PM
Well I tend to put my feeder on the glass top while keeping the other lid open so food can fall in. what I tend to do is open up the glass lid the feeder is on and it propels to the open side!! SPLOOSH!!!!

alpine
03-24-2008, 05:30 PM
Dottie, I use a velcro for my model helicopters that have very strong adhesive on one side. It sure holds those Eheim feeders in place .
Roberto.

Ringo
03-24-2008, 05:52 PM
I just ordered my first automatic feeder, I think I need to order some velcro as well. Thanks for the tip:D

korbi_doc
03-24-2008, 10:22 PM
Well I tend to put my feeder on the glass top while keeping the other lid open so food can fall in. what I tend to do is open up the glass lid the feeder is on and it propels to the open side!! SPLOOSH!!!!

Hmmmm, that sounds very reproducible....I have AC filters on my tanks & put the feeders on top, dropping feed into the AC waterfall.....

Dottie, I use a velcro for my model helicopters that have very strong adhesive on one side. It sure holds those Eheim feeders in place .
Roberto.

Good thought Roberto, my friend's husband makes model planes too, I'll have to borrow some, lol.....

Dottie ;)

Apistomaster
03-25-2008, 11:14 AM
I just ordered my first automatic feeder, I think I need to order some velcro as well. Thanks for the tip:D

Self-stick velcro is sold at Joanne Fabrics and craft stores for only a couple of dollars.

edmoran77
03-29-2008, 08:46 AM
When I bought my Eheim feeder a few months ago it came with velcro! Is this something new?

thang45
03-29-2008, 12:13 PM
Would you believe that after writing the above post I proceeded to dump another? Now where's that blue tape?

That's too funny. :D:D