PDA

View Full Version : Nhamunda Blue

mckchu
03-24-2008, 11:13 AM
Hi ... I'm new to this Forum. The informations and quality of the material in this forum is so good - I only wish I found this forum earlier!

I recently got these wild fish, and was told by the seller that these are Nhamunda Blues... I guess I can only take his words for it. Anyone knows what are the characteriztic for Nhamunda Blues???

fishfarm
03-24-2008, 11:28 AM
They are Blues, and the faint 5th bar on the 2nd one would suggest Nhamunda as many display a darker 5th bar. Ken

Apistomaster
03-30-2008, 06:11 PM
I would add to Ken's comments that the Lago Nhamunda is well connected to other discus regions at high water and this has caused the Nhamunda area to become a fabulous discus melting pot where one can find discus of every type except Green discus. It is very difficult to characterize a particular fish as a Nhamunda discus. That information is only as correct as the exporters' honesty unless you collected your own fish.
The one thing you can be certain of is that you bought some very nice specimens of Blue Discus.
Collection sites' place names are a very big part of the commercial marketing of wild discus and various regions' names come in and out of fashion with the exporters and consuming public.
This is one place where salt and discus can go together. I take all location names with a grain of salt.

mckchu
04-03-2008, 12:54 PM
This is one place where salt and discus can go together. I take all location names with a grain of salt.

Thanks for the info...