PDA

View Full Version : another Happy Camper

luminary88
03-30-2008, 05:04 PM
I'm new. I just bought my first discus about 4 weeks ago from Jack at Aquafish World in North Jersey. All is well with them. Blue diamond 4", Mosaic Red tourqousie 4", Leapord Snakeskin 3", and a Red Golden albino(?) 3.5". (I'm also new to taking pics of fish) Any suggestions welcome.

LostAcres
03-30-2008, 05:29 PM
I'm new. I just bought my first discus about 4 weeks ago from Jack at Aquafish World in North Jersey. All is well with them. Blue diamond 4", Mosaic Red tourqousie 4", Leapord Snakeskin 3", and a Red Golden albino(?) 3.5". (I'm also new to taking pics of fish) Any suggestions welcome.

Nice fish...!! It's addicting isn't it?

luminary88
03-30-2008, 05:34 PM
Yeah, it's really addicting! There's something about them. Even my wife all of sudden didn't think I was so crazy for constantly talking about them once she saw them.

LostAcres
03-30-2008, 05:43 PM
Yeah, it's really addicting! There's something about them. Even my wife all of sudden didn't think I was so crazy for constantly talking about them once she saw them.

I believe its the extra care they take, and the beauty of the fish. You must REALLY want them, and want to do well by them. Thats my take anyways. Yeah My JackRussells are wondering what all the fuss is about the fishtanks these days!!! Though I love it when one species meets the other, as in my avatar.

toomanyfish
04-05-2008, 01:21 AM
does not the 4th fish in the pictures stunted and have a sunk belly?

luminary88
04-05-2008, 09:50 PM
I think it may the camera/lighting angle. He's grown another .5" and beefed up a bit since that picture which was two weeks ago. But thanks for the concern.

toomanyfish
04-06-2008, 12:53 AM
ok..love the second fish though..got a gorgeous high body shape to it