PDA

View Full Version : My discus grow slowly

huynhh
04-04-2008, 11:58 AM
Hi,
I have 10 discus in the tank, the others grow nicely except for one, it's red turquoise strain, its' grow very slow, right now it's smallest fish in the tank.
I feed them frozen red worm 3 times a week,every otherday, the rest of the week I alternate between tropical fish flakes and tetra tropical gradnules and cylopeeze granules. He has good appetide but he has not grow same rate as the others. I'd been dewormed them a couple times in the past 2 month.
Has anyone have this problem?
Thanks.

pcsb23
04-04-2008, 01:06 PM
Sounds like your feeding regime needs to be increased, go for twice daily. Also there is often a small one in a group of discus, if it is otherwise healthy then don't worry too much.

Tropical Haven
04-04-2008, 11:07 PM
I wouldn't worry at all because there always seems to be one discus that doesn't grow to their potential.

FishyMatty
04-13-2008, 10:35 PM
Its my experience and that of what was shown to me by brewmaster himself that some fish either get the short end of the genetic stick or get stunted early on. I have tw cases with my discus that are similar. I got two equal sized san merahs about 4" from brewmaster almost a year ago. one is almost 6" now and the other has barely grown. and I have a leopard discus I got at 1.5" well over a year ago from a different breeder that has barely grown an inch yet three others have grown quite a bit.
its just how it is sometimes.