PDA

View Full Version : If You Could Have One Drink....?

Kindredspirit
04-07-2008, 08:54 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_4_13.gif

...AND....if you could have that drink with anyone in the whole world...who would that be?

What's Your Poison? http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/15/15_6_25.gif

I would have my drink with my Mom ~ but on the off chance she wouldn't rise from the dead...

I would have it with "Brian".....from Fox News on in the mornings here...he is a doll!

LizStreithorst
04-07-2008, 09:05 PM
Well Marie, since you started out in this vein, if I had my fisrt choice it would be my dad. He was always either working or chilling so I didn't get to know him well. He died when I was 13.

The other is someone I actually will be having a drink with soon!

Kindredspirit
04-07-2008, 09:09 PM
The other is someone I actually will be having a drink with soon!

Oh No....You must give it up, Liz:D And what? Would you drink? Pay attention, Liz! Answer all questions!!;):D:)

( I am still waiting, Liz, If you know what I mean )

LizStreithorst
04-07-2008, 09:27 PM
Beer.

Diamond Discus
04-07-2008, 10:10 PM
I'd have it with my mother before she got alzheimer's and I'd have a rum and coke! No I'd have 4 rum and cokes!! And she would have a coke! :p And be mad at me for drinking!! And I'd love it!!!!

GrillMaster
04-07-2008, 10:25 PM
I would have a drink with my father in law!!! He passed away in 98...He was one of the best men I have known!

I would toast a Jim Beam an coke to him a few times!! :D :D :D Of course he would toast right back! :)

Darren's Discus
04-07-2008, 11:46 PM
Rum and coke with grandfather who passed away when i was 5.

cheers

steve.ryall
04-08-2008, 05:35 AM
Just a glass of water with the one I love. :(

Ed Hengel
04-08-2008, 09:43 AM
I would share a bottle of 1982 Chateau Mouton Rothschild Pauillac with an old friend who died without telling me until it was too late.

bluedisc
04-08-2008, 03:05 PM
Coffee with a twix bar!With my wife she would have flavorsplash grape water.

ashaysathe
04-08-2008, 03:47 PM
With my Discus.. if they ever stop running around when they see me and hide under the wood !!!

ShinShin
04-13-2008, 01:56 AM
Chai with Mohandas Gandhi, but since he's not around these days, Bob Dylan.

Mat

Kindredspirit
04-13-2008, 09:47 AM
With my Discus.. if they ever stop running around when they see me and hide under the wood !!!

That is hilarious!!

Kindredspirit
04-13-2008, 09:49 AM
Kinda forgot about this thread.....:o

Great answers, everyone! Seems most of us want to drink with people who have passed....:(, which is understandable!

happygirl65
04-14-2008, 03:54 PM
Margaritas with my twin sister...she lives about 1200 miles away. :( I miss my shishy. :)

Kindredspirit
04-14-2008, 05:09 PM
You have a twin? I love twins. My friend Amber is having twins:D

So ~ who is the oldest? Are you identical?

happygirl65
04-14-2008, 05:49 PM
Yep. :) There is another happygirl in the world. :)
I am the youngest actually by 2 min. They said we are fraternal but we don't beleive it, way too many similarities plus an incredible mental connection...one day we will have a dna test...apparently in the 70's when I was born they didn't really check too carefully....and in our case...two sacks automatically meant we were fraternal...they now know that depending on when the egg splits there can be two....and still be identical.
Being a twin was such a blessing in my life. It was like having my best friend living with me. I think we fought twice the entire time growing up. :) HUGE part of my life even now we talk daily on the phone. :)

Kindredspirit
04-14-2008, 08:37 PM
How great for you!! That is a good thing you speak on the phone lots too! Thank you for sharing:)

sophie68
04-14-2008, 09:29 PM
I would have the best single malt scotch available with my dear friend from Liverpool Peter!!!! I have not seen him since.....last July!!!! I met him when I was 17 (I am now 39 :mad:) and he was an emerging "pop star"....We have been friends ever since....:D Of course, I am French and he's British. Now I live in the USA and he lives in France:confused::confused::confused::confused: Logical, no????
Greatest guy!!!!

Sophie

AmberC
04-14-2008, 10:44 PM
You have a twin? I love twins. My friend Amber is having twins:D

So ~ who is the oldest? Are you identical?

LOL!! You thought I wouldn't catch that didn't you!

Lets see.. I dont think I posted in here.. so I would have a flying gorilla with my good friend Marie... ALAS... since I am having *twins*, I will not be consuming ANY alcohol for a good long while...

So your gonna have to wait for me Marie!!! :D

Amber

Kindredspirit
04-15-2008, 08:58 AM
I would have the best single malt scotch available with my dear friend from Liverpool Peter!!!! I have not seen him since.....last July!!!! I met him when I was 17 (I am now 39 :mad:) and he was an emerging "pop star"....We have been friends ever since....:D Of course, I am French and he's British. Now I live in the USA and he lives in France:confused::confused::confused::confused: Logical, no????
Greatest guy!!!!

Sophie

Sophie....you simply crack me up, woman! I wish you nothing but good things...and enjoy those Discus!!

LOL!! You thought I wouldn't catch that didn't you!

Lets see.. I dont think I posted in here.. so I would have a flying gorilla with my good friend Marie... ALAS... since I am having *twins*, I will not be consuming ANY alcohol for a good long while...

So your gonna have to wait for me Marie!!! :D

Amber

I was going to send you the link....! (I just remembered to put on Yahoo! ) ...but I decided not too! Ya found it!

I will wait! I can not tell you when I had my last drink! OMG...! Amber it could have been when you were out here for the ACA???

Wow...really must get a life ~

I will work on that when I move to Maryland:D:D:D:D:D

AmberC
04-20-2008, 08:57 AM
Sophie....you simply crack me up, woman! I wish you nothing but good things...and enjoy those Discus!!

I was going to send you the link....! (I just remembered to put on Yahoo! ) ...but I decided not too! Ya found it!

I will wait! I can not tell you when I had my last drink! OMG...! Amber it could have been when you were out here for the ACA???

Wow...really must get a life ~

I will work on that when I move to Maryland:D:D:D:D:D

Hehe Next year is it? Perhaps the baby will be done with me by then and we can have that drink! :D

Amber

Kindredspirit
04-20-2008, 09:24 AM
Hehe Next year is it? Perhaps the baby will be done with me by then and we can have that drink! :D

Amber

You just never know about these things....a year sounds about right:D, if not sooner!

BSW
04-20-2008, 09:41 AM
If it were alcoholic - A White Russian
If it were non-alcoholic - Sweet Tea ( I am from Tx. ya know :D)
B

sophie68
04-20-2008, 10:01 AM
Kinda forgot about this thread.....:o

Great answers, everyone! Seems most of us want to drink with people who have passed....:(, which is understandable!

Hi Marie,:coffee:

Great thread indeed, it's all about memories.....;););););) (very good ones 4 me...)

Sophie

bs6749
04-27-2008, 10:58 PM
I'm just glad nobody said: I'd have "Sex on the Beach" with my mom or some other family member!!! ewwwwww

As for me, I don't drink but if my grandpa were still alive, I'd finish that beer with him that he let me take a sip of when I was only 5. That's the only time I've ever had any.....

Kindredspirit
04-28-2008, 09:44 AM
I'm just glad nobody said: I'd have "Sex on the Beach" with my mom or some other family member!!! ewwwwww

That is a good drink, though!!

steve.ryall
04-28-2008, 10:34 AM
Just a cup of tea with my beloved Grandmother who passed into the arms of the angels this morning.

God bless Gran

Steve