PDA

View Full Version : Discus poo

torch
04-15-2008, 11:48 AM
How do you deal with Discus poo in your tank? I have BB and right now I don't have powerhead to blow it around into my Aquaclear HOB filter.

Are there any bottom feeders that'll eat up fish poo? Ghost shrimp perhaps?

RickMay1
04-15-2008, 11:54 AM
The only real way is to siphon it out. Even if you get a power head or something so your HOT filter can suck it up the poo is still in the water only now its hidden. The filter will continue to pull water through the poo and turn your water into poo tea. Just remove it, don’t hide it.

torch
04-15-2008, 12:00 PM
Sounds like I have to get one of those battery aquarium vacum cleaner. I'll try that.

cveks
04-15-2008, 12:01 PM
get battery aquarium vacuum cleaner and siphon that from the bottom every few days.

Armandi_Fishcarer
04-16-2008, 01:12 AM
Hi torch

Siphon, siphon, siphon is what you have to get used to with BB's. ;)

A great little invention that battery vac, although Im still running on direct injection :D Don't get any funny ideas guys, im talking siphons here. :p

Regards Armandi ;)

torch
04-16-2008, 01:36 PM
Armandi, I ordered battery vaccum, guess I have to vaccum my tank as well as my floor.

dishpanhands
04-16-2008, 01:54 PM
you should have a pre filter on your HOB filter to stop the poop from going into the filter.. Thats the last place you want it...I use a piece of 3/4" PVC pipe that I have on the end of a hose that I use to vacumm the bottom...