PDA

View Full Version : Experiment.What do you think

majik
04-26-2008, 04:03 AM
I have sold my breeding pair to make room to try breeding other up and coming pairs.
At the moment i have 6week old fry seperated from parents and 16day old fry with parents.
What i was thinking was when i courier(overnight)the pair to new owner i could include 3xfry with each parent.
I was interested to see if this worked.
Im prepared that the fry wont make it but can anyone see any reason that it would affect the pair in anyway?
Or is it just a dumb idea.:o

Tropical Haven
04-26-2008, 10:15 AM
You always want to keep each adult fish in their own bag, if you put in any other fish with them one or all fish will be pretty beat up when they get there.

kaceyo
04-26-2008, 12:10 PM
Put the fry in a bag of there own, and make it at least 6 fry of that size. 3 fry isn't enough to give them a fare chance to thrive. They need to be in a large enough group or they'll never do well.

Kacey

ShinShin
04-26-2008, 01:40 PM
Why bother sending the fry? I don't see any concern for damage with the fry in the bags, but if they die in transit, do the parents need the extra ammonia in their bag?

Mat

majik
04-26-2008, 03:41 PM
Good points made by all,i intended to bag parents separetly ill bag fry seperatly also.I was just interested to see if they would make it:)

Tropical Haven
04-26-2008, 07:54 PM
I was just interested to see if they would make it:)

Really wouldn't even take the chance if there was a doubt.