PDA

View Full Version : a 1957 TFH booklet - Pompadour fish

tdr1919
04-29-2008, 12:10 PM
Finding more great stuff in the box from my friend, This is a booklet from TFH
(tropical fish hobbyist) copyrighted in 1957 only 18 pages but very interesting. Written by William Vorderwinkler, photos by Gene Wolfsheimer.
Of course with the Pompadour, you can also find Scalare fish!
http://www.tdsolutions.biz/images/pompador.jpg

plecocicho
04-29-2008, 01:46 PM
Those discus on the booklet are not heckels. Could you scan thew hole booklet and past on this forum, It would be nice to see, what did they write half a century ago.

tdr1919
04-30-2008, 09:30 PM
Those discus on the booklet are not heckels. Could you scan thew hole booklet and past on this forum, It would be nice to see, what did they write half a century ago.

I don't know if I can legally do that - hey moderators can I do that?

-Tom

Luis138
05-01-2008, 07:50 PM
I am not 100% sure but I believe that the copyright from 1957 night have expired.

Luis

Jerseyfish
05-02-2008, 06:30 PM
I am not 100% sure but I believe that the copyright from 1957 night have expired.

Luis

A 1957 copyright is expired unless its been renewed by the copyright holder. I looked in the copyright records for a renewal of the article. Looking by TFH, Author, and article, I didn't see a renewal for it, meaning that it probably is expired, and therefore fine to post. There are some exceptions, but I doubt they apply here.

I'm not a lawyer by any means, but I did take a class on copyright law about a year ago in college.

Darrell Ward
05-03-2008, 01:40 PM
A 1957 copyright is expired unless its been renewed by the copyright holder. I looked in the copyright records for a renewal of the article. Looking by TFH, Author, and article, I didn't see a renewal for it, meaning that it probably is expired, and therefore fine to post. There are some exceptions, but I doubt they apply here.

I'm not a lawyer by any means, but I did take a class on copyright law about a year ago in college.

....and he stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night! :p

Seriously, I don't think anyone would mind in 2008. The author could even be deceased by now. I would enjoy seeing it. I get a kick out old books like that.

Luis138
05-03-2008, 02:17 PM
Do it, do it, do it. :D

Luis

brewmaster15
05-03-2008, 02:22 PM
TFH has been very good to work with in the past when we have contacted them about posting info from their books...

Its probably alright to post it...but I'd drop them an email and ask first as a courtesy at the very least..

thanks,
al