PDA

View Full Version : NATIONAL BOYCOTT (May19-23) - SEAN BELL

DISCUS USA
05-03-2008, 09:21 AM
Someone passed this along to me. I'm in favor of a national boycott.

Hi Everyone,
Hope that this e-mail reaches you in good health and spirits. There are approximately 23 days left to the NATIONAL BOYCOTT(May19-23). As many of you may know, the NYPD detectives in the Sean Bell murder trial were acquitted on all charges. The judge in the case had made his decision based on the fact that the demeanor and background of Mr. Bell and his friends had warranted the detectives to shoot over 50 times. This judicial decision cannot go unanswered. Go back to the 80's with the death of Micheal Stewart and Eleanor bumpers to name a few. Go back even further to a time when it was legal to lynch African Americans. For too long we have sat idlely by while we let the "establishment" shoot our leaders(Malcolm/Martin/Medgar) and our young black/hispanic men(Stewart/Baez/Bell) and have done NOTHING about it.

Now is the time to move to action. We must make this stand because if we do not, they will continue to just kill our leaders and young men when it suits them knowing they will not be held to the same judicial consequences as the average citizens. We can no longer turn a blind eye, because it may happen to us. The only thing that the establishment understands is the almighty dollar.

So remember, do all necessary shopping prior to the MAY 19th (May17 & 18). Buy no gas; fill up before. Do grocery shopping before. Carpool to work, if possible ride a bike or walk to work. Bring bagged lunch to work or leftovers.Spend not one penny that week. Make a donation of at least $5.00 to a Black/Hispanic organization. God Bless. PLEASE PASS THIS ON.

bs6749
05-03-2008, 01:46 PM
What's the reason for the boycott? Because of the amount of force used by the police or because some thug was killed? Either way, I feel this boycott is a complete joke.

DISCUS USA
05-03-2008, 02:38 PM
What's the reason for the boycott? Because of the amount of force used by the police or because some thug was killed? Either way, I feel this boycott is a complete joke.

Thug? how do you know this because he was black,What do you know about this man to call him a thug and even if he did things in his past he did nothing that night? so because people have prior arrests cops should be able to lawfully gun you down for no reason???? could been 1 bullet not 50 by those cops but the fact of the matter is Sean Bell is gone for no reason he did nothing wrong he was getting married the next morning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Jt8c-ZFM6g

brewmaster15
05-03-2008, 02:48 PM
Go easy guys... I can see where this could be a topic that goes down hill fast....

I've no problem with opinions expressed...Just lets try to keep a hot topic luke warm in discussion. Discussion is good...just engage Minds before setting keyboards into gear.:)

thanks,
al

bs6749
05-03-2008, 03:55 PM
Thug? how do you know this because he was black,What do you know about this man to call him a thug and even if he did things in his past he did nothing that night? so because people have prior arrests cops should be able to lawfully gun you down for no reason???? could been 1 bullet not 50 by those cops but the fact of the matter is Sean Bell is gone for no reason he did nothing wrong he was getting married the next morning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Jt8c-ZFM6g

I knew race would come into this. Being a thug has nothing to do with race nor does ethnicity. Look into Mr. Bell's past and the people he was friends with. Granted, just because he had bad friends doesn't mean that he himself was a bad person, but Sean Bell was aressted THREE times. Twice he was arrested for drug dealing and once for unlawful firearms possession....the definition of a THUG if you ask me. The plainclothes policemen were at the scene (stripclub) to investigate reports of not only firearms being present, but drug use and prostitution...quite a place to be considering this "rolemodel citizen" was getting married the next day.

What's more...one of his friends allegedly said "yo, get my gun and kill that dumb white b_tch", which is why policemen were there to investigate reports of guns being present. I'm sure the police were aware that Bell was at the party and were aware of his thuggish past criminal record and they were expecting him to quite possibly be armed.

You are probably thinking this shooting was race related too but once again you'd be wrong. Of the officers reporting on the scene 2 were of African American descent. Say I'm racist and whatnot, call me what you will, you don't know me. I have friends that are black, white, hispanic, Indian, mixes, and adopted family that is Asian. No one is better than any another. In my eyes Bell was a drain on society. It had NOTHING to do with his race. I respect your opinions and beliefs but maybe you should know the facts about what went on and be informed before you protest something that ini my mind is a complete waste of time. I have no desire to turn this into a heated battle but I just wanted you to know the facts that I have learned and why I feel the way I do...it's because of the facts.

zinn29994
05-03-2008, 03:58 PM
Political crap belongs on TV NOT HERE!!!!!!!!!

DISCUS USA
05-03-2008, 04:33 PM
On news tv you dont get the truth you get what the government lets you see not everything like you should..

And i did already know 2 of the 3 NYC Detectives where minorities only 1 was caucasian..

Just because someone is a cop does not mean they are holy.. they make mistakes ..people fall from time to time no ones perfect..BUTT!! theres those cops that think just because they are the ones with badge and gun that they are above the law..ive dealt with cool cops not saying they all are bad..they have a job just like everyone else.. those 3 cops that murdered in cold blood went over board ..

And to this person calling Sean Bell a thug.Cops are thugs too!! they hide their actions behind their badges and the BLUE WALL OF SiLENCE..Only its your word against theirs and who always wins?? you know the answer to that.. not saying all cops are thugs..some are..i know not because im from New York City,,but because i heard and seen with my own eyes crazy stuff ..leave it at that..

bs6749
05-03-2008, 05:37 PM
On news tv you dont get the truth you get what the government lets you see not everything like you should..

And i did already know 2 of the 3 NYC Detectives where minorities only 1 was caucasian..

Just because someone is a cop does not mean they are holy.. they make mistakes ..people fall from time to time no ones perfect..BUTT!! theres those cops that think just because they are the ones with badge and gun that they are above the law..ive dealt with cool cops not saying they all are bad..they have a job just like everyone else.. those 3 cops that murdered in cold blood went over board ..

And to this person calling Sean Bell a thug.Cops are thugs too!! they hide their actions behind their badges and the BLUE WALL OF SiLENCE..Only its your word against theirs and who always wins?? you know the answer to that.. not saying all cops are thugs..some are..i know not because im from New York City,,but because i heard and seen with my own eyes crazy stuff ..leave it at that..

Where do you suggest one goes to find the information then? Newspapers? Radio? Internet? Hate to break it to you but those sources are just as politically affiliated as television is, it's just that televsion reaches more people, granted the internet reaches people further away. That's why I gather information on a topic fromm MULTIPLE sources and make an educated assumption to what went on. That's really all anyone can do short of seeing the event happen firsthand.

It's wrong to generalize and make assumptions about the cops in this case. I've heard nothing about their individual history so I can't make conclusions. I'm not saying that they don't have past bad histories, I'm saying that I'm not aware of them. If they DO have bad histories, I'd like to know as it would be a big part of this case. However, one bad person offing another bad person means one less bad person in this world. The other(s) will get what's coming to him/them if justice has to be served.

I think you've been watching too many movies to be honest. Hollywood loves to portray "the man" and authority figures as being bad/dishinest/corrupt and the weak minded are easily won over. The strong minded realize that it does happen but not as often as it is seen on TV's and it happens in ANY occupation.

By the way, I think you missed my point about the 2 black cops. It wasn't that they were "minorities" it was that they may be more willing to try to understand the situation at hand and sympathize with the "victims" due to shared ethnicity. You can call that a generalization if you want but I think it's true that the more closely related someone is to another, the more willing they are to help out. Since they too thought that Mr. Bell needed to be subdued, can you disagree that he didn't?

DISCUS USA
05-03-2008, 06:44 PM
Looks like im only one for this boycott here.. my aim was just to make people aware of what has happened and what is going on here in New York.If you dont want to boycott to support then thats fine.. my opinion does not matter so any questions get a hold of MR SEAN BELLs' mother see what she tells you about how happy her son is gone now forever.Hope none of your sons or daughters fathers or mothers get 50 shots pumped into them by your local cops for no good reason..

LISTEN TO THIS KID IN THE VIDEO..EVEN A YOUNG BOY THAT HAPPENS TO BE WHITE IS DISTURBED WITH THIS WHOLE MESS..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZUgwR_-ayU

bs6749
05-03-2008, 06:54 PM
Looks like im only one for this boycott here.. my aim was just to make people aware of what has happened and what is going on here in New York.If you dont want to boycott to support then thats fine.. my opinion does not matter so any questions get a hold of MR SEAN BELLs' mother see what she tells you about how happy her son is gone now forever.Hope none of your sons or daughters fathers or mothers get 50 shots pumped into them by your local cops for no good reason..

LISTEN TO THIS KID IN THE VIDEO..EVEN A YOUNG BOY THAT HAPPENS TO BE WHITE IS DISTURBED WITH THIS WHOLE MESS..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZUgwR_-ayU

CLEARLY you are misinformed and don't understand and MY aim was to help you understand. Sean Bell did NOT have 50 shots "pumped into him" as you think he did. He was hit 4 times in the neck and torso area and he died unsurprisingly. His "friend" was shot 19 times and lived...surprisingly.

SURE his mother would be upset. I'd be upset too if I had a son that was killed. I think I'd be more upset however at the fact that he was a no good drug dealing THUG that was hanging out at a strip club where drug use and prostitution were taking place (allegedly) the night before his wedding. Must be some parenting issues there. I think she's more upset because she has to face the facts of who her son really was.

It doesn't matter the color or ethnicity of a person so I don't know why you keep bringing up that card. Surely humans are humans and we all feel the same emotions no matter our skin color. I'd be a little scared too if I was near a shooting.

DISCUS USA
05-03-2008, 07:42 PM
Your writing is very very familiar.. but anyway ill stay shut.. i already knew about the 50 shots was between the 2 victims,,please dont worry yourself too much about what i know..i actually was at the crime scene thursday nite 2 am jamaica queens .. some guy most likely living far far away from black or latinos in suburbs in michigan is not going to tell me something i dont already know..but thanks for your genuine concern..

bs6749
05-03-2008, 08:07 PM
Your writing is very very familiar.. but anyway ill stay shut.. i already knew about the 50 shots was between the 2 victims,,please dont worry yourself too much about what i know..i actually was at the crime scene thursday nite 2 am jamaica queens .. some guy most likely living far far away from black or latinos in suburbs in michigan is not going to tell me something i dont already know..but thanks for your genuine concern..

It's funny that you were there and you KNEW it was between "the two victims" when in reality there were THREE victims, ALL of whom were shot, and a suspected fourth "victim" that fled the scene and was never identified....but I bet you KNEW that too and just forgot to put that. Kinda like how you KNEW it was between the "two victims" yet you alleged that Sean Bell was himself "shot 50 times" in your previous post. Was that to make people feel more sympathetic or what? Seems like a failed cover attempt and now you are trying to act like you KNOW what went on.

My only concern is that you are misinforming people that know nothing about this case with what you "KNOW". What is the whole purpose of your agenda anyway? From what it looks like you are a pawn doing the bidding of someone bigger. Look back at your initial post. People were greatly concerned and wanted to boycott in order to make things right. Then at the very bottom of your post was a line saying something like "we ask that you donate a minimum of $5 to a black/hispanic organization"...what a JOKE. It shows the true motive behind this pseudo boycott. If they were really serious they wouldn't ask for money. Just curiuos....what good is it going to do by trying to hurt the economy??? If someone wanted to boycott the purchase of gasoline alone I'd be more willing to do that but this whole thing is a complete joke. I think I'm going to save up my money from now until the start of this boycott and spend it all when I'm "not supposed to". I encourage others that feel the boycott is a joke to do the same.

DISCUS USA
05-03-2008, 08:16 PM
Dont expect you to understand..

Heres where you are from and totally explains where you are coming from with your opinions..

Total Population PORTAGE,MiCHiGAN: 27984
White: 25260
Black: 1082
Asian: 852
Pacific Islander:
Native American: 117
Two or More: 500
Other: 173

bs6749
05-03-2008, 08:41 PM
Oh, I understand COMPLETELY. You are the type of person that believes race/ethnicity is the reason behind every issue and you can't get past that. You keep coming back to it time and time again despite its irrelevance. You think "whitey" is holding you back. You think I don't understand anything because I live in an area that is mainly whites so I must not be culturally diverse. It's actually the other way around. You are surrounded by so many different ethnicities that it must be dumbfounding, that's the only logical explaination I can come up with to your inability to provide ANY facts despite you actually being at the crime scene. Just because I don't feel sympathetic to a gunned down crack dealing low life doesn't mean I don't understand.

Congratulations on finding some very useless information about Portage, Michigan's cultural breakdown. I've lived here about a year now...not my entire life like you are assuming...once again fail. I'm not going to act like I've live in urban areas because I haven't but I have been through them often and I am pretty familiar with what goes on.

DISCUS USA
05-03-2008, 09:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxoBOXhhlJ8

ShinShin
05-04-2008, 12:43 AM
Check your facts. The establishment did not kill Malcom X. Before you attempt to pin the racist's badge on me, I was an admirer of the enlightened Malcom X upon his return from Mecca.

DISCUS USA
05-04-2008, 01:12 AM
Shin who killed malcom x i heard it was the other black guy that wanted to take his place Farrahkhan..what enlightened you about malcolm x s return from mecca?im curious to know ..thanks..

Discus-Hans
05-04-2008, 02:06 AM
Be careful what you say guys or you get Hector the next 3 years breathing in your neck,

Hans

DISCUS USA
05-04-2008, 03:04 AM
Be careful what you say guys or you get Hector the next 3 years breathing in your neck,

Hans

HANS IF YOU GOING BE ON THIS THREAD STOP ACTING LIKE A CHILD!!IM ASKING WITH RESPECT PLEASE..

brewmaster15
05-04-2008, 08:33 AM
**Sigh:( time for everyone to go do a water change.

-al