PDA

View Full Version : new to be discus keeper :)

ewok
05-10-2008, 02:45 AM
hi everyone, i'm hoping to get into the discus hobby really soon. i've kept fish for over 20 years (probably 12 on a serious basis). i have up until recently kept mostly cichlids from central and south america. i have never kept discus before and i think this will be my new challenge.
i'm very interested in the 'wild' versions of the discus i.e. what they look like straight from the source so to speak. i have had limited luck finding wild caught or even finding F1, F2 etc. of fish that are true to their natural coloration etc. i've been advised that the season is largely over, and should resume in the coming months ahead :)
but in any case i've started posting here and there, asking questions, making comments and i really look forward to learning a lot more about discus and hopefully have some luck keeping them myself!
i am in southern california, and would love to meet other enthusiasts; to learn where they get the fish from (local sources?) and to just talk fish.
cheers!

tien-yeo

White Worm
05-10-2008, 12:33 PM
sunrisetropicals.com

Tony usually has wilds for sale. He ships out of Daly City Ca. Give it a look see. Welcome to Simply Discus!

ewok
05-10-2008, 01:45 PM
thanks for the pointer :)
i've been to that website a lot of times
the fish look fantastic
i'll have to see if this guy selling wild blues ever gets back to me... otherwise i'll start getting fish from some of the sponsored vendors here :alien: