PDA

View Full Version : Growing out Discus

Raggio
05-11-2008, 09:20 PM
I just bought two Red Turquiose Discus. What is the best way to grow them out? I am feeding them Beef heart. I also made a paste of beef heart, shrimp, garlic knoxx gelatin and paprika, I am feeding them blood worms and freezed dried tubifex worms. I am changing 30% of the water once a week. The first three Discus I bought were from Something Phishy they are stunted. I bought the Red Turquoise from a different breeder. One of the Red Turquoise has a full color pattern and is 3 inches the other one in 2 and a half inches and does not have a full color pattern how long does it take for a discus to develop it's full color pattern. Thank you.

Sincerely

Ron

Elite Aquaria
05-12-2008, 08:41 AM
First of all welcome to Simply you will find a lot of great information on our site. I would increase your water change program...Depending on your filtration, I would do daily 50% water changes for the first 4 - 6 months of a discus life. I would also feed at least 5-6 times per day. Your paste mix, blood worms and some flake or crumble will be fine. Color pattern development depends on the strain. I do not have Red Turks but my fish generally reach full color when they are around 6 - 8 months of age...which is around the 4.5-5.5 inch size.

dwilder
05-12-2008, 10:23 AM
two of my red turks took 11 months to fully color up