PDA

View Full Version : big discus

gotfish?
05-13-2008, 08:00 PM
what kind of discus has the tendency to grow really BIG!!, when i say big, bigger than the usual...ive heard that blue knights will grow somewhere at 10-11inches---is this true??? if so, how long does it take for them to reach this size?? can you guys send me pictures and more info and whos the breeder who do them best.:D

are there other strains that get BIG aswell?? how about the giant floras??
.....again, please send pics on how will they look like and whos the breeder who breeds them best:D thanks guys

cheers

gotfish?
05-13-2008, 09:25 PM
does the "bump" apply here????.....anyway-----bump!lol:D

Elite Aquaria
05-13-2008, 10:04 PM
I have never had Blue Knights but yes they have genetics to grow very large. However, to get them to get this big you will need to power feed and do major daily water changes. They are on my wish list for blues...:D

Ryan
05-13-2008, 10:11 PM
There's really no reason to bump a thread that hasn't dropped off the main page yet.

gotfish?
05-13-2008, 10:17 PM
oh..hehe i just got used doing it at MFK lol:D

wait, so are blue knights the only ones like this?? how about the giant floras?----giant = BIG see the analogy lol so is the name giant flora means they can grow BIG? what other strains out there are like these?:D

gotfish?
05-14-2008, 11:57 AM
anyone?

kaceyo
05-14-2008, 12:16 PM
Giant Floras havn't been around long enough for people to get an idea of how they grow out. The name does imply they get large, but most strains can be grown to 8" or so under the right conditions. Other than that, IMO, it's more about the genes and ancestry of the individual fish than what strain it is.

Kacey