PDA

View Full Version : I'm bummed today

Jarrod
05-21-2008, 04:50 PM
:( I'm kinda bummed out today.

I lost my very first discus today since i've been keeping them for the past 3 years.
Today I lost one of my Wattley Sunshines. I've had the sunshines since 2006 and this is the very first loss of any of my discus.
I'd noticed it kind of hanging around the top of the tank yet it was still eating and moving around ok.
Today, approx. 1/2 hr ago I looked in the tank and found it dead.
It's a bummer to me since after I noticed it not cruising the tank with the others and doing my water changes and such to find it dead like that.

But at any rate I figure a loss of only 1 fish in 3 tanks full of discus is a pretty fair track record. None of the other Sunshines are acting like there is anything amiss with them or in their tank.

All my other fish in the other tanks are all still fat dumb and happy.
Ahhhhhhhh the sheer joy of taking care of the "finned pigs" as I call them.

So just my post for today....take care all!

George

pcsb23
05-21-2008, 05:12 PM
Hey George,

How are you? well I hope. Damn what a shame losing one of my favourites... they are nice fish my friend. Just keep an eye on the others, just in case.

Not a bad track record either, in my first couple of years I dread to think of the number I killed.

Diamond Discus
05-21-2008, 05:24 PM
Ahhhh, sorry about your fish! My first Wattley Sunshine is still alive and well and he is nearly 4 years old. In fact that is him in my avatar.

Jarrod
05-21-2008, 05:40 PM
Hey George,

How are you? well I hope. Damn what a shame losing one of my favourites... they are nice fish my friend. Just keep an eye on the others, just in case.

Not a bad track record either, in my first couple of years I dread to think of the number I killed.

Thanks Paul,
I have to admit it was kind of a shock to me, in the aspect that it hit so quickly.
All the others seem to be doing great.

I've been doing ok otherwise you know how it goes, just another day in "paradise" LOL
Hope you are doing well Paul.
George

Jarrod
05-21-2008, 05:41 PM
Thanks Sue.
George

brewmaster15
05-22-2008, 02:34 PM
Hi George,
Long time no talk!

Thats a bummer on the lost fish...... You have done real well with them... Sad as I am to hear that you lost one...I am very glad that you stayed with the hobby!

take care,
al

Jarrod
05-23-2008, 10:05 AM
Thanks Al. Yep I'm still in the hobby but giving serious consideration of getting out of it altogether. So, Al are you still doing the home brew thing?

I still love all my fish but I've been considering it's time to move on to other things.

All my best to you and yours Al.
George

brewmaster15
05-23-2008, 10:13 AM
Thanks George,

I hope you stick with it my friend.:) Yep still brewing... just dusted off the equipment this past week and set up a batch of Double hopped Ale:)

Take care!

-al

Jarrod
05-23-2008, 11:44 AM
Thanks Al, To be honest I've been kind of thinking of getting back into the homebrew thing myself.

I've kind of been looking for a source of stuff to do it here locally anyway LOL
But if not no big deal.

As to the tanks and fish and stuff I've still not completely made up my mind but the idea is still floating around in the back of my head.

Take care Al.

George