PDA

View Full Version : Bloated, question about epsom salt treatment

Jenn83
05-25-2008, 08:52 AM
Background info.....Last night I fed my Discus FBW. They didn't appear to eat it, I'm guessing they were sleeping(I missed their final feeding of the day by a couple hours) However, I think one did eat at some point because this morning I noticed that he is tilted a bit forward and is bloated. (He is the most dominant of the tank and gets the most food) He is trying to pass poo, but it seems to be slow moving. From doing a board search, I decided to treat with epsom salt. I added 1tsp per gal.

If after a few hours I still notice him acting this way should I treat again? If so, do I do a WC and then add treatment or just add another dose?

kaceyo
05-25-2008, 11:49 AM
The dose should have been 1 to 2 tblspns per 10 gals. So you've already given about 4 tsps more than the recommended dose for 10 gals, which shouldn't be a problem but don't redose. Leave the E. Salt for 24hrs, and if it's going to work, it should have by then.

Kacey

Jenn83
05-25-2008, 12:24 PM
I didn't realize until Kaceyo's reply, I made a typo...I did 1 tsp per 10 gal.

kaceyo
05-25-2008, 12:31 PM
In that case, you can add another 3 to 5 tsp per 10gals aand see if that helps.

Kacey

Jenn83
05-25-2008, 03:24 PM
Update from my original dose this morning: Things look better with him. He is no longer tilted forward and not as bloated. I am going to continue checking on him often just to make sure though. Epsom Salt works great.