PDA

View Full Version : White Poop, Still Eating

aquagal
05-28-2008, 10:36 AM
I've got a juvenille that continues to have white poop and is just not thriving. I tried to take a picture, but it didn't work. His color is still o.k. (not too dark) and he does eat some, although not as well as before.

I recently dewormed w/ Levamisole, so don't think it's nematodes. I have five other discus in the tank w/ him and they all seem to be fine (eating well, dark poop).

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Sherry

pcsb23
05-28-2008, 12:09 PM
How many treatments of levimasole did you do?

Other options are spiro (hex) or bacterial, likely of the two would be spiro based on the others still being ok but it is a guess. Metro would be the treatment.

aquagal
05-28-2008, 12:23 PM
Thanks Paul. I only did one treatment of Levamisole as it was really tough on them. Also, I really saw no improvement at all in this one fish. The fish has been acting this way for at least 2 weeks, so I assume if it were bacterial it would have progressed more over that time? Also, I thought if it were bacterial, the poop was more yellow and mucousy (is that a word?)?

Can you remind me of your recommended dosage for Metro...500mg/10gal for 5 days?

Thanks.

Sherry

pcsb23
05-28-2008, 12:30 PM
It can take two or even three doses a couple of weeks apart with wormers, including levimasole, to be fully effective. I have found that levimasole is less hard on them second time around, don't know why - just my observations, but I've not used it often.

I now dose metro at 400mg per 10 US Gallons and I only dose once a day for 7 to 10 days. I also do not elevate the temperature.

airbus123
05-30-2008, 10:08 AM
may i ask if we decide to feed medicated food, how much metro should be mixed with BW and soaked to be fed? thanks!

pcsb23
05-30-2008, 12:15 PM
may i ask if we decide to feed medicated food, how much metro should be mixed with BW and soaked to be fed? thanks!I use 250mg of metro to 100grams (4 ounces) of food, fed twice daily for a week to ten days.

DiscusDude85
05-31-2008, 07:41 AM
may i ask if we decide to feed medicated food, how much metro should be mixed with BW and soaked to be fed? thanks!

I use .01 grams per 10 grams of food

Joe